NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS BY POPULAR PERSONALITIES

asafapowellA20120829GT

busy

MsKitty2011C

tammylee

Davina Henry and Sadeke Brooks, Staff Reporters

( L – R ) Busy Signal, Miss Kitty, Asafa Powell, Tommy Lee Sparta

While reflecting on the year that has ended, popular figures have been making resolutions and hope to stick to them for 2013.

Having had a rocky year, athlete Asafa Powell says he wants to achieve a lot more.

“I want to be the best that I can be in all areas of my life, give everything I set out to do 100 per cent, including not being so shy and showing more of my personality and fun side,” he told THE STAR.

Media personality Miss Kitty has been making her mark in the industry and plans to advance her career for this year.

expansion and growth

“More progress and more advancement in terms of career placements. I’m also looking overseas for expansion and growth,” she said.

“I want to be happier, because sometimes we get so caught up in work that we don’t remember to enjoy the simple things in life. I also want to be more Godly and spiritual. I’m also working on a new show for 2013.”

Meanwhile, Busy Signal, who spent six months in an overseas prison last year, says he wants “to value the time spent with family more.”

Tommy Lee Sparta is also thinking about his family, as he wants to “focus on productivity, spend more time in the studio in an attempt to build on international success so I can provide for my mom and five kids.”

However, producer Rvssian is more focused on his career and marketing his record label to a wider audience “from social media to television and the street and to push the Jamaican music world-wide and keep thinking positive.”

With no specific resolution in mind, singer D-Major says his aim is to “ensure I’m one of the soldiers who don’t compromise making quality music.”

8 Responses to NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS BY POPULAR PERSONALITIES

• Belly Bang says:

5 children :matabelo

• BABYGIRL says:

Tommy Lee a how old???? Him busy man geez!!!

Good for them, but given my history with resolutions I’ve gone crazy simple for 2013.

All I wanna do is to stop eating Soldanza ripe plantain chips.

• Belly Bang says:

Cindy, mi want this year to be the year for me. & I mean it. For years I have been advising, assisting, supporting & going all the way out for others.

But at the same time I put alot of things on hold for myself, and mi never realise that. i have no regrets for wat I have done for others, but this year mi want get the ball rolling for me….. thats my focus. :nerd

Been there & done that too Belly. I’ve unfortunately reached the point now where I clearly stated that I’m not helping any1 anymore – it sounds bad, but I’m tired of giving away my ass & shitting thru my ribs & never having any1 to turn to, but everybody can turn to me.

All I can tell you, the first thing you will need to learn to accomplish that goal is how to say NO – & mean it. Good luck.

cindy the same here..

Hey not to say mi a tawk bout wat mi do for others but can u believe say mi teck mi money n buy tings n send go give my family a JA and dem call mi phone like say it did ago go outta style till dem get dem package and not even a Happy new year mi no hear from the ppl dem meck dem bad so smdh

• LUNDUN says:

mi new years resolution will remain what its always been…to stay alive

may the chips fall where they must.

as fi nyammi lee, him want persue more international ventures??? god a beg u mek him persue an education first, so him no mek we jamaicans look duncer dan sum ppl already tink we are.

busy mi juss happy fi u an hope u keep pon di road ur one an no falla sum ppl an divert (konchens and gyptian)