TONY MATTERHORN SIDE

April 30, 2012
Lanchester , United Kingdom
After over fifteen years in the business, the recent incident and escalation of the incident caused me to overeact instead of getting to the root of the issue. I feel the following release is needed to bring air to the matter in order to bring understanding and closure to the incident.
Mr. Wrenroy Smith, the promoter in question and I were unable to make sufficeful and satisfactory arrangements as the date he wanted me to work for him, April 7, 2012 was the date I was scheduled for another event, which was booked a year in advance. We spoke in December 2011 and I realized two days after talking to him that I had to do World Clash which I am scheduled to do every year. I did not want to put him out of his way and totally pull out of his event so I called Swatch, the sound that he scheduled to work also at the event and asked them if they would be able to play on April 6, 2012 which was the day before, because I would not be available for April 7th, Swatch said they were available, I proceeded to call Mr. Smith.
I proposed April 6,2012 with Mr. Smith on January 2, 2012 , being that he had contacted me on December 27th, 2011 and sent payment on December 29, 2011. He told me that the 6th of April would not be good as people had already booked plane tickets for his event. It was then I told him that I had to return his money as World Clash is in support of the music industry in its entirety and I was one of the main acts .

Mr Smith told me to hold onto the money and give it to Aidonia as he would be performing for him later on. I told him that was fine. He later called me back and told me that he did not go through with Aidonia, it was then I told him that I would be in Jamaica for my birthday and back travelling for other events and we would meet up and make or reschedule other arrangements concerning the money. To my knowledge an understanding was reached as we both agreed to meet or reschedule, whichever would suit him that was fine. This meeting did not take place nor did I get a chance to reschedule. The number I have for Mr. Smith which I can provide stopped working and I was unable to contact him. I have been travelling since December and have been to Canada,Jamaica, the United States and presently I am in the United Kingdom.

A few days before the World Clash, my manager told me that a promoter had called him, telling him that I owed him money, I was abroad and advised my manager to prepare the money for return to Mr. Smith at World Clash as we were expecting him. Mr. Smith was not present at the event and as I mentioned before, the contact I had for him was out of service.
With over fifteen years under my belt in the industry I would never try to bring disdain to my name by being dishonest or disrespect a promoter, the later not done unless there was reasonable grounds. Mr. Smith has said that he wants to make an example of me by presenting the public with statements that contain half truths. I would like to refute the following:-
I at no time deleted Mr. Smith from my blackberry device, my phone is used internationally and sometimes I change the chip from my phone for service in a certain country, not all my contacts are stored on my phone, some of them are stored on my chip so it is likely Mr. Smith contacted me during one of those times. I am still switching phones because I am still travelling .
Mr. Smith told my management that he would be attending World Clash and did not attend, I in no way tried to get out of not refunding him for services I did not do.
The statement that Mr. Smith made about the event being for charity, I feel was said to deminish my person. A charity event , if held annually , had gone on before without me so it is unlikely that my inattendance would cause Mr. Smith to cancel an event he seemingly had every year.
I returned to Jamaica on April 6, 2012 , my phone was switched off as I left the island two days later for over five cities in the United states, two in Canada and presently I am in the U.K I did not restore my phone service because I was busy getting music for World Clash and I knew I would not be in Jamaica for long.
If Mr. Smith leaves the appropriate contact and not only his name my management will refund his money, to date I still do not have a working phone number for him.

In closing I would like to apologise to my fans worldwide . An incident of this magnitude has never occured in the history of my professional career and will not happen again.

38 Responses to TONY MATTERHORN SIDE

• bev says:

go jmg big sister mr who ever u name be go up a tonyann manger fi u money please

bev u nah behave______________________________________________________________________________________

• tootsie says:

lawd dis ya letter have humbleness written all over it which mean matterhorn had nuttin to do with it…

• simplicity says:

kmft a jus now him knw sey him cuda go abt it diss way afta him sen de man up unda him dead mada…jus chue twee twee hype him gwine loose sum valid customer him mus knw wen tuh.

• SERENITY says:

same so simply

Him shoulda handle this different from day one causen him know better….twitter & fb going be some of dem downfall.

• matterhorn u need a NEW manager…your manager is gonna let you miss out on gigs because of dat temper tantrum you had on twitter, u cant do everything at once let someone do your scheduling..if i was in promoting or doing an event dat alone change mi mind,i wudden want to deal wid dat attitude at all.

• simplicity says:

serenity mi nh luk pon him..all de fucking publist need fe wake up luk how long him deh pon twee a diss de breda nd dem nuh step tuh him nd mek him knw sey anuh yuh idle time yuh deh a str8 bizniz nuh deal wid it suh jus cut him back manager cheque.

• anodda thing matty..mi know u ammunition dem a fi tell ppl fi suck from wah dem nuffi suck.u ago tell di wrong man or gyal one day weh nuh have nutten fi loose,suh watch it and bring it down a couple notches

• SERENITY says:

@simplyyyyyyyyy_____________________________________________________________________________________

• stranga says:

Nice letter. The whole thing should not have gotten to this low..Hopefull,they will work out the whole thing,and move on..Bwoy, the whole thing exposed some real unprofessionalism! U need new management youth!

• SERENITY says:

oonu know say a smady round matty fix up da pretty word letter dere causen that man only know fi send up people under dem parents. Dem mussi see say di man mean business & it doan look good. Smady plz tell mi a who a matty pr or manager causen mi neva know him hab none….

• sweet says:

THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ORIGINAL STATEMENT.

• loyalpeepa says:

One big slice a humble pie…mi lioke it

• No Joke says:

Mr Promoter ….pls contact the manager and get yuh money

• NUFFY says:

My my my, for someone in the business over 15years, the least you could do is take some grammar classes…..YUH HINGLISH TAN BAD LAKKA U CUSSING……….On a brighter note, this is a clear case of miscommunication. FYI, EMAIL WORKS WONDERS!!

• Willie Manij says:

Letter drips narcissistic ass. Pure I, I, I……., GTFOH with this shit.
    How about “I should have, upon recognizing the dates clashed, put the promoter’s money back in Western Union for him pick up at his convenience. I’m sorry for the delay. I have now made things right.”
    Matilda….yu try a Skirtel tek whe man money. Memba seh Skirtel have a multi million judgement ah wait pon him. Mine dat reach yu pakkit.

• simplicity says:

:travel

• kia NUNYABIZNIZ bubblez says:

matilda :ngakak yah dat name fit baaaaaaaad

• It no matter who write di letter, it was drafted properly. Now settle dis ting and move forward. I see you apoligize to ur fans, how about the people weh u a chat bout dem MOTHERS. We no hear nothing bout dat?

• Matterhorn u a one a di best Selecta in a di world, and a excellent artist. How about keeping it dat way. Live up to it!!!!!!!!

• ja si says:

The promoter show him respect by booking him on his show and thats how he dealt with the promoter,him mek him self look like a idiot a theif and a BIG BITCH.
    You double book and take the man money and then cuss him of on twitter,that shit back fire in him face because now promoters dont trust him.

• Lundun says:

diss letter is a little 2 late.

dat horse mouth bowi fi stop tell ppl how long him in the business, cuz it only mek him look bad!!!

if u inna di business so long, u shoulda know how fi handle yuhself. afta all, diss was not a fellow artiste, it was “client”, or a “customer”. how do u think it will look to potencial clients when u act like this. ur a waste man.

• Well Well says:

O so he did the right ting now better late than never. Atleast him neva jus refund di $ an deh pan twiter a cuss sah go suck u M u no get u $. Real admit to dem mistake but if him no mean di apology to di promoter why say it? So mi tink das why him only apologyze to him fans…….mek wi gih him a break at least until wi confirm di promoter get him $ back lol yow uno tuff pan Met bffeeeeeeeeeeh lol

well well why u mixing mi ?:maho

• Well Well says:

Met mi did deh a di dance a Miami wen him say a only him 1 know who u b n unno go way back dwfl….Met don’t be like Peter n deny TM memba leap year O!

well well what a mouth fi my secret keep well in yuh think? :maho
    u know mattey is a mad man u nuh know him come yah come trace mi already please

• Dwrl says:

When you chat too much, through all the lies the truth come: quote” we plan to meet when I go down to Jamaica, I was only on the island for 2 days so I did not restore the service” with that said, which other way did you expect the man to contact you?? Through a pigeon?? It’s all bulshit. If you had it to give Adonia and he told you not to there was no reason you could nor wire it back, unless you never have the man money to begin with. Did he get it yet???

• Dwrl says:

Mmmmmm if you get NAME and appropriate information for man? Didn’t you have all that information when you picked up the man money?? Smh you in the business 15 years and still have no idea how to handle business, sad to say the least.

Fire you PR because if you go court with this letter, you get lock up for perjury!

• WEN MAGGIE DO DI SONG A DISS BEENIE & KILLA..MI DID KNO SUMTING WRONG…MAGGIE HUNGRY..IF A MAN GIV YOU MONEY & YOU FIND OUT U CNT TAKE IT…GIVE BACK SAME TIME CAUSE U KNO HOW MONEY COMES & GOES..MAGGIE SPEND DAT & A TRY MEK AMENDS..LOL

• BROWNING says:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GWEH MATTERHORN U TOO LIE GWEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH U GONNA LOSE ALOT OF BUSINESS CAUSE OF THIS YOU JUST CANNOT BE TRUSTED AND I DID REALLY DID LIKE YOU BUT YOU TOO THIEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF WHATVER LEARN MANNERS AND RESPECT FOR PEOPLE AND WHEN IT COMES TO BUSINESS TREAT PEOPLE WITH RESPECT CAUSE THE PEOPLE THEM LOVE YOU THATS WHY THE BOOK YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU JUST HAD TO MESS IT UP AWWW BOYYYYYYYYYY

• Seit deh PAPINE……sed way suh. An all now di man nuh get di ting. Use di man money an ah hide out di man. Neva know seh di man aguh get loud bout him paypaz. Poppy show mi a tell yu.

• State Side says:

MET, why you dont tell the people dem say you and Tony and big friend and you use him name fi hype up you page. A little Birdy told me that. You’ll just da pan the man name so.

state side whey di likkle birdy tell u haffi do wid me?? matterhorn can hype jmg? a ur ears u have all right fi pick and choose wha go in and outa it…but mi a beg u nuh sen whey u hear to my eye thank u..cause mi nuh really business

• bev says:

tony a how much year u in the business u one day u say 24 and now a 15 so let me see for 15 years u never thief people money just asking

u know mi nuh waa open or leggo mi hand…unno tink one smaddy can hype jmg? jmg has 6744 post, and another 2000 whey need fi restore…unno tink a one smaddy get write bout mek people come yere? matterhorn a di fus selector whey talk bout jmg/cuss jmg so dont open unno mouth if unno dont know what unno talking about because it look like my silence gi unno consent fi tek libbaty…before unno come talk foolishness go do unno home work and den come ask di people dem here whey dem like fi read…and ina di mean time..dont mix mi

• HIGHLY CONCERNED says:

matty did gwaan bad fi tru, but me lubb him still. him human…matty u fi behave sometime…

highly u si how dem a come mix mi? and today is a good day eno mi nah go cuss oooo

• HIGHLY CONCERNED says:

@Met, a juss suh igle people stay.. dem too free, lubb chat a bag a fukery wid no raas substance..Matty did galang bad fi true and him nuh dunce, suh him shouldda gwaan betta..A suh sum people bitta and lubb cause contention…smrh.