PARENTS CANT BUT THE LAW CAN

dad-Optimized

Dayton, OH — A father who beat his two daughters with a cord has been charged with child endangerment and corporal punishment.

Greg Horn, 35, whipped his daughters, ages 12 and 14, with a video cable after walking in on the girls recording themselves “twerking.” Twerking involves wobbling or jiggling the hips and buttocks. Or, to borrow Miley Cyrus’s definition, “It’s a lot of booty action.”

The video was first posted on WorldStarHipHop.com before making its way to YouTube. Several reaction videos popped up shortly afterward.

According to the police report, one of the girls had visible welts on her legs and open wounds in the thigh area from being beaten with the video cable. The girls’ mother noticed the wounds and called police.

The 30 second video sparked a debate over whether Horn’s actions were abusive or good parenting. Some felt that he went too far — at one point, one of the girls screams, “Daddy, stop,” but he continues to beat her — while others felt he was teaching his daughters a lesson and preventing them from engaging in more inappropriate behavior. Ultimately, even though the video had gone viral and left many wondering why the police hadn’t been notified, it was the mother’s intervention that led to an arrest.

Horn’s indictment comes during the first week of Child Abuse Awareness Month.

“The goal is always to keep kids safe,” Montgomery County Children Services spokesman Kevin Lavoie said. He also added that when people are reporting cases of child abuse, they don’t have to leave a name or even have definitive proof that abuse is taking place. The suspicion of abuse is more than enough.

“It may be nothing,” Lavoie said. “But rather than analyze it, let our specialists figure it out and the best course of action.”

Although it was initially reported that the girls were beaten for recording themselves twerking, they told police they were beaten for sneaking out of the house.

Greg Horn is scheduled to appear in court on April 16 for his arraignment hearing.

Do you think Greg Horn was justified in beating his daughters with a video cable, whether for twerking or for sneaking out of the house?

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/603749/father-indicted-for-beating-daughters-over-twerking-video/#Qwvp6Vdqq6JlyXqb.99

31 Responses to PARENTS CANT BUT THE LAW CAN

• Genuine says:

Good MORN! Girls should be discipline,but daddy went too far when he uses CABLE WIRE. I don’t think he should be lock up just let him know that cable wire is not to use on human, but these young girls need discipline words comes out their mouth it is filthy than a pit latrine.

• oney says:

A hope him get beat and f000 a prison!

for what oney? a fi him children u didnt see any of them bleeding and he did not rape none of them so f000 ina prison fi what?

In today’s society the boys look on the girls as bitches n whores who are here to just suck their dicks n a lot of this is in part to the music n the videos now as a father he saw them displaying themselves in a manner which he knew is only gonna lower their worth n got upset n reacted out of angry n I’m sure shame and proceeded to beat them, I’m not saying he is right but its his kids n further more these are big girls they are not babies been physically abused.
    So for Wat reason now should di man be f000ed in prison Wat did he do for u to wish such actions them have a saying that say fisherman talk bout fish hmmm n look at the best thing u could find to talk bout

• THMF says:

Some people’s judgement of a situation can be taken too far and get out of hand at times, i.e; The father beating the girls with a cable wire (overly extreme) and oney saying what he just said (again overly extreme). Basically ppl need to think before them talk and do things. In his situation however it had a consequence. Also why did the mother have him arrested? I don’t know if I personally would’ve called the police on him, I would’ve have done something to let him know that was over the top, but to get him arrested (once again overly extreme). Now a couple things will happen following this proceeding (I think). With the father now in jail these rats will think what they did was ok, cause what he did to them was wrong and they will do it again or even worst. He will probably have a restraining order against him and will not be able to discipline them again if they do something stupid like this again. Either way no one here wins and that’s the sad part.

THMF :shakehand2 I agree

• Original Goodas says:

beat out them blood claat yes.. only thing me wrong them for is the video…

when me a grow electric wire, broom stick anything my granny ketch a it a reach me and I can say from me reach 12 me neva get no more lick cause if me ago do something weh me know me will get beating for me stop right in me tracks…

• front row seat says:

DEM FI FREE DI MAN. HIM NEVA DUH NUTTEN WRONG. IF SOME PARENTS DID A PUT ON LICK PON DEM PICKNEY DEM WOULDA BETTA OFF TODAY. YOWWW MI GET LICK A MY SKIN WHEN MI A PICKNEY, ANYTING DEM KETCH A DAT A REACH YUH. IT NEVA KILL WI. ME CAN HONESTLY SEH IF A NEVA FI DISCIPLINE WEH MI GET MI WOULDN’T SUH FOCUSED INNA LIFE.

• LadyWoW says:

CABLE CORD HOT DONT ASK MI HOW MI KNOW

ALL I KNOW WAS I DID SNEAK OUT A DI HOUSE 2.

DI MOMMA CALL POLICE I WONDA IF SHE READY FI BE A GRANDMA

While I’m not totally opposed to corporal punishment – but don’t really like it – he definitely shouldn’t have used a cable cord cuz it does mess up the skin, but gi dem some raws lick yes cuz dem pickney yah nuh tek telling. Di man probably feel so shame fi si weh dem duh kmt. Mi feel di madda should’ve talked to him b4 shi involve police an if anyting mek him know seh if him dweet agen shi aguh call police. But overall, given dat some man not even a tun di black a dem yeye pan dem pickney, mi wudda seh he’s a reasonably good father fi wah si dem behave like ladies not hos/go go dancer. Parenting hard yaw man.

The only thing I disagree with is the cable wire. I think that a simple belt could have done the trick. I don’t think he should do time behind this mess, he was trying to stop his children from becoming another statistic.

• JAHkno says:

Morning! Spare not the rod from the child and teach them in the way they should go from young so that those ways do not depart from them! d MUMA careless I don wrong d man fi discipline him girl pickney dem pickney nowadays a dat dem need likkle afta d twerkins here come two big belly!

• Hotstepper...formerly Peeper says:

i dont have any girls, but they should have some ambission man (Met a so it spell?) mi hear me son call a likkle girl weh live beside me a ho…when me ask him why him call her dat, him sey she deh a school a suck bay hood. Dem start early and by di time they become women, men have all sorts of names for them

• soap opera says:

dem age daddy, dem age next time don’t leave no marks but buss dat ass. Dem too damn rude 12 n 14 too young to start with antics. Next thing you know dem turn you into grandparent in your 30’s.

• Lick out them skin yesssss free d man, a some a dem lick deh grow mi and mi a big woman now wid 5 kids of my own and I ain’t saying damn infront of my moma cause I jus feel like two lick woulda still reach mi, all who want to agreed dat he is suppose to get lock up KMRT cause two twos yu look them dem pon pink wall a suck cocky and u same one burning them out :siul

• milikeit says:

Why did he videotape it? SMH

• my2cents says:

I knew this would happen metty. I think the man went too far too. Children should of course be disciplined but I was a bit traumatized and horrified by the screams of those girls and I can’t imagine what it must have felt like getting hit full force with that cable wire. The punishment was excessive and I am glad that authorities stepped in. We may look at it and take it lightly but things like these affect kids greatly I think and may have a negative effect on their lives and mindset. As a child I didn’t go through the beating thing, maybe slaps but nothing excessive or harmful and I turned out just fine. Children can be disciplined without being physically abused and this was physical abuse.

• Quiet Storm says:

Ongle ting mi disagree wit ah di cable wire, but as most metters sey…buss dem rawse ass!!! An daddy, ef yuh ah Jamaican or come fram any ah di islands an dem decide fi ack up ahgen….juss book ah 2 week ticket fi yuh an dem (need I say more metters?)

If awfta 2 weeks di mark still deh deh, exten fi DEM time to 4 wks an den yuh bring dem back

• Quiet Storm says:

Figget mi mannaz, Morning Met and Metters

• FOXY says:

Buss dem ass old fashion style with the cable wire yes. When they end up on the poles, the same people saying he went too far will say they weren’t properly raised. Kids lack discipline because their parents know no better. What this father indicated is that he wants and expects more from his girls.
    Rick Ross sings a song about dating raping women and he’s idolized in the black community and black women still gyrate to the song, it took a white woman to stand up and request that Reebok drops him and hold him accountable.
    Anyone who is against the father kicking their ass is a loss parent. The reasons these young girls are swayed by the culture and believe their worth is to go on their head top and be exploited and objectified is lack of good parenting, loss parents who believe the same and missing fathers.
    Kudos to a real man that is present in his daughters lives and will discipline the hell out of them to see them amount to much more than the poles.

• my2cents says:

I watched the video with them getting beaten but I have no clue what it was for although I gathered of course that it was because of something they did that they shouldn’t have. Nowadays lick nuh do anything to kids and me witness that all the time. Sometimes we try to teach our kids the right things but they stray but I still think it may be that parents are still not doing something right. I think just telling and teaching kids what is right or wrong is not effective enough. We also need to find ways to have them understand their values and learn how to be strong mentally so that they won’t follow the crowd. Children nowadays have no childhood really and I think parents have a lot of that blame to take. The very cartoons and so called children’s programmes that we allow them to watch, the games, ipads etc that we get for them, those take away from their childhood. Nowadays little girls don’t play with dolls and that kinda thing anymore, little boys don’t go out and play ball, everybody watches the tv, play the video games and sit with the ipads and laptops that their parents give them access to. It’s how u grow your child. Some parents might think they are doing everything they should but there are other things to be done and u have to start from early

Buenos Dias Metty y Metters…………I don’t wrong him for giving them a beating howeve, WITH A CABLE CORD……..he shouldn’t have!

• ... says:

I don’t believe in hitting children…BUT some a dem behave like it needed fi dem fi undastan. The mother calling the police seem to be some vindictive thing (i jus skim the story will read when I return). If this was in Jamaica would we have an issue? This regula inna JA…not saying that it right. Only that father knows what he is/went through with those children we have only seen/heard of one infraction..we don’t know how many things they have done that may have pushed him to that..there are ALWAYS 3 sides.

• LadyWoW says:

BEATIN NUH KILL MI AND IF A NEVA FI DI BEATIN MI WOULDA END UP LIKE SOME A MI FREN DEM. MATTA A FACT MI THANK MI MUMMU FI SOME A DEM RASS LICK DEH CUZ MI KNOW MI DID RUDE

• MaddRa$$ says:

The U.S system enables kids to f000UP their lives and then the parents have to deal with whatever becomes of them either teen mom or a teen with STI or HIV then they leave u to deal with the SHITUATION . When i beat my kids its always after several warnings u can’t discipline ur kids because the system wants them to do badly f000up end up in jail so they can make $$ fr them been in hell (jail ) wake up black ppl they are setting us up so we can’t even talk to our kids and remember policemen have a monthly quota (an number of ppl to arrest monthly ) .Prison is big business my ppl don’t be 1 of their money making products.

• MaddRa$$ says:

Who memba the jamaican chat ” only save di eye ” .

• coco krispie says:

Wow I caant believe he got sent to jail for doing that.I received nuff bettings with extention cord and tree switch (I was a bad ass with mouth) free the man. I wonder if it was the mother would this story receive the same amount of press.

• STAR says:

I agree beat them. We black ppl forget gov. mek money off we kids, jail is big money. White kids get chances our kid one mistake them life over prison record can’t get job when them come out so the cycle repeat it self. Beat them ass.

• Pina says:

Anything mi never get lick wid never mek, any body ever wonder how much time that man warned these girls and they wouldn’t listen and that maybe this was his last resort
    Me give tanks fi my beaten mi nah lie
    Disciple and love must be equal
    Free di man
    One more black man gone a jail smh

• LUNDUN says:

good day met an metters

this saddens me to the core. i agree with the father for beating their asses, what i did not like was the fact that he filmed it.

he might have filmed it so that they would feel embarrassed. kids at school can be cruel, so that video could do more harm than good to those girls.

he shouldn’t have video the beating, him slip up deh so. ppl saying beatings don’t work, are making too much of a general statement. beatings worked for me, and i don’t regret getting them or hate my mother for doing it. but it sure as hell didn’t do shit to my sibling, who after a while, my mom started to fight cuz di belt just wasn’t enough lol.

dem need fi free di man.

Whip dem raas yes