This post is based on an email that was sent and in no way reflects the views and opinions of ''Met'' or To send in a story send your email to [email protected]

At some point, this is just going to turn into a picture post because I truly don’t know what to say about the 5’4″ 420-pound LA resident Mikel Ruffinelli who, according to online UK mag, Closer, holds the title of having the largest hips in the world at a circumference of 8 ft. Well, one thing to say for starters is Miss, excuse me, Mrs. Ruffinelli loves her body. The 39-year-old has been married to her husband, Reggie Brooks, 40, a computer technician, for 10 years and the couple are the proud parents of three children. Mikel also has a 19-year-old son from a previous relationship whose birth, she says, sparked the spreading of her hips. She told the mag:“After having Andrew in 1994, I went from 13st and a size 16 to 17st and a size 20 and couldn’t shift it.”

Three kids later, that size jumped up to 32, accompanied by a 42D bust and a 40-inch waist (and don’t forget 8ft hips).“I put [the weight gain] down to my pregnancies,” Mikel said. “I don’t see why else the weight would go to my hips, although, I do eat lots.”
“Lots” means 3,000 calories a day, which Mikel points out for someone her size is not a lot. She also says she was an athletic teenager and never had a problem with her weight until she became pregnant at 22. And though big hips run in her family, Mikel says no one’s are quite as big as hers. But that doesn’t bother her. “I love my shape and I see no reason to diet because I don’t have health problems. I love Mexican food, English breakfasts and chips. My husband finds my shape Hot and we have an amazing time in bed – there’s no position we can’t do! He tells me I’m beautiful every day. Men don’t fancy skinny girls, they like an hourglass figure. When I walk down the street I can hear people using cameras and saying: ‘Look at her fat a**.’ Fortunately, I rise above it. I don’t want to get bigger, but I don’t want to lose my curves. I look great. I hope I inspire women to think, ‘She’s happy with her body and I can be too!’”

• Foxy Lady says:

She does look like a small house but I applaud her for loving herself. She gives new meaning to ‘child bearing hips’.

• Foxy Lady says:

She states that she doesn’t have health issues, maybe not yet but that weight is bound to take a toll on her feet eventually.

• Belly Bang says:

Health concerns there must be or will be.
    But as Foxy Lady seh, she love herself and that is good.
    When she start do her ting and try to seriously tek off some of the weight, I know it wont be because of what society thinks but because she ah guh see that loving herself also mean addressing the wieght.

• Foxy Lady says:

True Belly, it goes both ways.

Any doctor tell har say she don’t have any health problem a lie she n them tell, she cannot honestly say she is happy with her figure cause I’m sure there are every day challenges that makes everyday life a breeze that she cannot do like ride the train or bus so it’s fine to say ur happy and try to convince herself that she is but my bet is she’s not.

• eyecandy says:

Dwl…@ small house..
    Smh @ “men dont like skinny girls..”

Mi just look pon di woman foot and see say she has blood circulation problem which I’m sure is and issue because mobility is not easy for her, so I’m not being mean or anything but if ur health is at risk I’m not on board

• Belly Bang says:

She say she drive a truck cause she cant sidung inna car, when she travel by plan or train she tek up 2 seats…… and I am sure there are many other day to day challenges this woman has. If she ever come yah (to JA) which part fi wi building & plaza dem hardly mek fi accomodate physically challenged people, she will bawl murder.

But, give her props for happiness and encouragement to do the weight loss ting. She nuh haffi wither weh to nothing like Jennifer Hudson, but she can do her best fi sit down in one seat.

• Foxy Lady says:

Belly, she want dat mad Jamaican ooman that was cussing on the buss fi tell her how shi nyam up the whole heap a food and den want squish up people ina dem seat. She stares alone she attracts must be disconcerting at best.

• Belly Bang says:

This happened in Barbados sometime ago & mi just ah memba it:-

“……For an island that prides itself on our high literacy level, Bajans displayed some disappointingly backward behaviour on Wednesday in town when Jamaican tourist Shekina Walters was followed and ridiculed throughout Swan Street. For an island that supposedly embraces people of all colours, class and creed, and by an extension, people of all shapes and sizes, Bajans ought to be ashamed of themselves for how they treated the 21-year-old, who is said to weigh 300 pounds”…

• ... says:

Beautiful lady but I hope she curb it likkle cause of the health thing.

• MADDD says:

• LUNDUN says:

sorry, but she looks awful, she looks deformed.

i think she is confusing loving herself with laziness

• Florida says:

LMFAO @ Small house. Foxy Lady you made my contractions start again with that comment!

• Belly Bang says:

Yuh know mi ah try to be nice for the 2013, its been hard but mi ah hold it as best I can.

BUT, mi just scan over the topic again & mi seh to miself, if mi deh pon a flight from all JA to NYC or anyweh as a matter of fact, and mi see this woman come fi siddung beside me, whether me to the window & she the 2 seats to the aisle, or me to the aisle seat, when mi tek one good look pon her and wah mi ah get miself into, mi ah guh holla out “Not ah rass!!”. :cool

How di bathroom break guh fi she or me?
    Wat in case of an emergency landing & wi haffi bolt fi di door?
    Wat if sickness tek mi & mi inna di window seat?
    Wat if …..wat if …wat if……………….???? :matabelo

Den ah bet yuh she tun round & seh mi unreasonable, worst when di bad felings tek mi inna di window seat and mi want rush guh bathroom & she deh deh all fall alseep!!!

Mikel, keep di positivity but yuh need to transfer some of it to the weight loss, cause di implications ah nuh just fi you one!! :thumbup

• MADDD says:

• fashiondoll says:

Oh Lord. I hope she starts exercising and dieting to remain healthy

• dick r harde says:

of course she doesnt have any health problems….but when was the last time you saw a 85yr old who weighed more than 250lbs…………

hi good dayyyyyyyyyy is that u?

• Pebs says:

I love her confidant ,but this woman need a reality check,, she’s in denial ,,I would like to know where she shop for clothes,,she most hav a very hard time, I hope she’s rich to make custom made outfit..

DISCLAIMER The views or opinions appearing on this blog are solely those of their respective authors. In no way do such posts represent the views, opinions or beliefs of “Met,” or “Met” and will not assume liability for the opinions or statements, nor the accuracy of such statements, posted by users utilizing this blog to express themselves. Users are advised that false statements which are defamatory in nature may be subject to legal action, for which the user posting such statements will be personally liable for any damages or other liability, of any nature, arising out of the posting of such statements. Comments submitted to this blog may be edited to meet our format and space requirements. We also reserve the right to edit vulgar language and/or comments involving topics we may deem inappropriate for this web site.