QUESTION

Title: Washing hair during period

Message Body:
Hi Met,
Can you make a topic about washing hair during period? I’m a young lady who would love to know if doing this will have bad effects. Thank you

33 Responses to QUESTION

A bad effect on what exactly??? I don’t really understand the question, but I’m gonna say NO, to washing ur hair during ur period not having a bad effect on ur body, well not my body anyway.

Some women think that washing their hair during their period will cause it to flow heavier…doesnt happen to me

• OBSERVER says:

The mind is really a terrible thing to waste :nerd

Really Met? I’ve never heard that before, but that doesn’t happen to me either.

• honeybee says:

Really?!:bingung:

• Taliban says:

Fuss mi hear dis, but to me wah deh up a top don’t have nothing fi do wid wah dung a bottom.

taliban :tkp

• good girl gone bad says:

Where di sender come from?That sound like some kind of cultural myth smh. Like when mi did first start mi period smaddy tell mi if mi drink milk during mi period it will make it last longer lol…Still dont know if thats tru but mi couldnt badda study dat!

New one this? Strange don’t see how the two link smh

good girl gone bad….milk does make your period heavier, i’m not sure about longer

• OBSERVER says:

It really does not!

But y would I want to drink anything to make my period last longer??? Some ppl smh. And if it’s true that milk makes period heavier, then I aint drinking no milk @ least 1 wk b4 my period cuz is shorter & lighter me like.

• soap opera says:

ole wife’s tale, wash your hair as a matter of fact wash everything extra

• OBSERVER says:

See that…that’s what I dislike. When myths spread across to the public and is bought as a fact! Mi luv drink milk, inject milk, dream milk, breathe milk and your period will be as it is meant to be….conditioned to “your” body

Alright, I’m not going to totally knock the milk theory, because there is some corelation between fat & menstruation, eg the little gymnists dem & some other athletes don’t have periods bcuz they have no body fat, but y anybody wud want to tell a girl just starting her period fi drink it fi mek har period last longer? kmt

• good girl gone bad says:

lol cindy…no they said if i drink milk during my period it will last longer. It was meant to be a warning, they weren’t telling me to do it. I didnt bother to test out the theory because i didnt have that kind of discipline. Plus mi did love hot chocolate with milk when mi did young and never waan give up dat!! lol…My cycle is irregular and i havent even questioned if whether milk is a problem or not.

• kia NUNYABIZNIZ bubblez says:

memba wen mi yung dem seh drink vingear fi mek ur period shorter…nuff mi drink an it neva shorten kmrt neva hear di hair washing tho

Lol Ohhh, cuz mi deh here a seh dat smaddy cudden mean u well.

• OBSERVER says:

SMDH. Why would anyone want to rape the dislike button on my response, don’t be an ass…we’re here to agree to disagree! Milk, water and frankly most fluids are all recommended to take in excess while experiencing menses. We lose fluids when we menstruate so an increased intake is essential. In fact there weight loss is correlated with the menstruation cycle and is for the reasons I stated before. We lose iron in excess when we menstruate and as such we are advised to take in iron as well, be it through fluids or food.

• Quiet Storm says:

First I’m hearing of the hair washing thing…..One thing I know for sure is that drinking alcohol makes it flow heavier

• Quiet Storm says:

Well for me anyway

• good girl gone bad says:

@serva dont mek dem draw yuh out. Just look pon it is they have an issue with themselves smh! Some ppl ah real dislike abusers lol

• OBSERVER says:

gggb a betta da button deh dan humans caw a jail time dat

• ... says:

observa weh yuh a ansa fah? clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed…

• good girl gone bad says:

U right…but mi feel sorry fi di poor mouse! It mus mash up di way dem ah click click wid ah vengeance lol

• OBSERVER says:

dotty dem urt bad oooo

• Ignorance is a hell of ah ting……

• @Met, you turn GYN now…………Smile……………..

yes oo :peluk

• Stay Free says:

Who would think that in the year 2012 somebody would be asking fuckry like this?

• Mattaznot says:

Nver heard that one before. What i do know however that if i want my period to come early (say i have a party when my period should start) i eat a cheese. That triggers it for me.

• Jules says:

Den hair nuh deh pon u pums? suh when u a hab u period u nuh haffi wash u front suh if dat was di case everybody woulda bleed dung di place.

But belief kill and belief cure, and if you have a strong belief seh u flow will greata if u wash u hair during u period den juss nuh wash at dat time.#no big deal

• Glitter says: