UNIMAGINABLE

Mother returns home to find her toddlers stabbed to death in UWS apartment
By JAMIE SCHRAM, LARRY CELONA and KIRSTAN CONLEY
Last Updated: 8:07 PM, October 25, 2012
Posted: 6:15 PM, October 25, 2012
Robert Miller
Unidentified stabbing victim removed from 57 W 75st., mhtn.
An Upper West Side nanny stabbed to death two small children who she was taking care of while their mother was out, then slit her own wrists in a failed suicide bid this afternoon, sources said.

The children’s 36-year-old pediatrician mother came home from running errands at about 5:34 p.m. when she walked into the nanny — Yoselyn Ortega, 50 — in a pool of blood in the kitchen, sources told The Post.

Warzer Jaff
57 W. 75th St.
“Something happened to my kids!” the sobbing mother screamed, according to a witness.

The kids appeared to still be breathing when they were rushed to St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center, but they were pronounced dead on arrival.

The mother — who was out with her oldest child — was also taken to St. Luke’s-Roosevelt, where she had to be sedated, a source said.

Ortega, who was is in police custody, was taken New York Presbyterian Hospital in critical but stable condition.

The children’s father was on a plane from San Francisco and had not been told about his children’s death, a source said.

A neighbor told The Post she heard “the mother screaming hysterically” when she arrived at the apartment.

“It’s horrifying, it’s a very quiet building,” said the neighbor, who met the nanny for the first time yesterday and described her as “very quiet.”

“She just stared ahead,” the neighbor added.

“Its horrifying, its a very quiet building. They are a beautiful, quiet family.”

Cops are yet to confirm the victims’ identities and ages.

Additional reporting by Rebecca Harshbarger and Antonio Antenucci

22 Responses to UNIMAGINABLE

• soap opera says:

This has to be a parent worst nightmare. rip god angels

• kia NUNYABIZNIZ bubblez says:

so sad…RIP sweet children :(

mi glad di murdering beast lived. death to easy fi shi. gas an light dat biotchhhhhhh

RIP to all of them. I hope God provides some form of comfort for the Mother in all her days to come.

I want to add something but i don’t want to come off as crass. I’mma hold it.

• OH Dear says:

OH Dear, this is just sad. The Insane people we let in our spaces sometimes!

• TalkHowMiFeel says:

“She rushed to the West 75th Street apartment’s bathroom, where she found her two youngest children, ages 2 and 6, with several stab wounds in their small bodies.”

“Cops are yet to confirm the victims’ identities and ages.”

Sooo umm OK then. It’s a hell of a thing to proofread enuh smh.

Anyways my condolences to the parents and sibling. Hope that evil monster get’s what she deserve smh.

• The devil a walk dis earth more then ever mi a tell yuh, oh god man, how could u do this, and for what, to two babies.

• Brooklyn Cutie Pie says:

God go with that poor Mother & save her sanity cuz mi wudda reach ah Bellevue ah rock 2 dolly!

It’s such a shame cuz you damned if you do & you damned if you don’t now-a-days! You caan just stay home as a woman & tek care ah you pickney dem cuz either welfare is ah bitch & nah provide enough (not for me anyway) or even if you married or your child’s father involved & ah mind you, sometimes dem man yah can gwaan ah WAY when dem know you ah depend pon dem! But then if you ah work & ah try be independent, you haffi put you trust inna somebody (whether family or stranger) who can be ah mad person or child molester! It is SOOO hard for Mother’s these days!

• Talk_Di_Tings says:

I don’t know how that woman going find the courage to move on for the sake of her first child, who is still alive. These people are definitely in my prayers. As for that dumb bitch, why the fuckk would she show up to work the day. The stupid bitch shoulda just kill herself before going to work.

I remember when I first had my child and my mother was recommending to get a baby sitter and I said no way, cause me no thrust them people deh although it cheaper. I send him to day care and pay through my nose, but him well taken care of and me have a lot more confidence in the day care system cause they are screened etc.

We can never be too confident who we leave our children with, but let this be a lesson that we really need to be very cautious who we leave our kids with. This is just the most fuckked up story ever.

VERY, VERY SAD & TRAGIC.I WAS A NANNY & AT TIMES THE JOB GOT VERY OVERWHELMING, SOMETIMES THE PARENTS WERE VERY HARD TO PLEASE, YOU COULD NEVER DO ENOUGH.HOWEVER I WOULD ALWAYS LEAVE EVEN WITHOUT ANY NOTICE.SO I COULD NEVER GET A REFERRAL FROM THESE PPL. THAT WAS MY WAY OF DEALING WITH IT,CAUSE IF YOU DARED CONFRONTING THEM ABOUT WHATEVER THE ISSUES ARE, THE JOB ATMOSPHERE GET TENSE & UNCOMFORTABLE.(in my cases).THIS IS SO HANEOUS.BUT THIS SHOULD BE A LESSON LEARNT, THAT SOME ETHNICITIES ARE NOT BETTER QUALIFIED TO LOVE & CARE FOR YOUR CHILDREN BECAUSE THEY MIGHT WORK 12hrs/day,for way less salary. I’VE GONE TO INTERVIEWS,ONE RECENTLY ON THE UPPER WEST SIDE,& IT SEEMED LIKE I WAS BEING INTERVIEWED FOR A FEDERAL POSITION AT THE U.N.
    WHEN IN ACTUALITY I JUST WANT TO DO WHAT I LIKE DOING MOST.& I WASN’T CALLED BACK,(maybe I was too dressed)AND THE POSSIBILITIES EXIST THAT THAT SAME HUSBAND & WIFE MIGHT HIRE A NEXT”Ms.Ortega”. BE YE CAREFUL!

• fashiondoll says:

Sass crise……my prayers go out to both families (because im sure this pyscho nanny family is in shock too)

• Brightlight says:

This is terrible but I can’t help but feel that nanny took out her frustrations with the parents, moreso the mother, on those children. I’ve heard enough stories about those cold as all hell rich UES (Upper East Side) families that treat these foreign, West Indian/Hispanic, nannies like shit!!!

Not saying this is the case but the way it’s been alleged that she viciously stabbed those babies I just can’t help but feel that anger and frustration with the parents/employers had a lot to do with it.

bwaay this is terrible brightie I would die if a me

• @Metty…….I have a Nanny (3days a week and when I go away) and for almost a year I accompanied her to the park and every trip she toom my Boys on. It’s been a few years and she has become like part of the family and with this taking place I am again sceptic. This poor Mother…..I would of lost my mind or had to be on suicide watch myself!! Dear God!

I cannot imagine how I would be not at all. The thing is this lady must have been crazy…oh gosh to stab the kids I cannot imagine it

• simplicity says:

my wurd rip tuh de kids a wonda wat made dat nanny snapped

• Bubbles says:

very SAD

• @Metty…..any word as to how long she was caring for these Children? UNIMAGINABLE indeed!! What made her do that….there had to be signs of unstability, even if subtle! Thats why I question my boys as to how their day was and how was our Nanny.

• good girl gone bad says:

This story just ripped my heart out when mi see it pon di news. From wah day ah bare mad story deh pon di news pickney ah get stab up, police ah get shot up, innocent man tek one to the head and sandy jus ah done di place. Mi jus tun off the tv smh…may the parents,sibling, and family find some kind of solace in this terrible situation ( I don’t even know how). You have t be real thorough when hiring ppl to watch your kids. My sisters and had a nanny growing up that lived in with us during the week, that used to be our next door neighbor. Older grandmother figure, and of course jamaican (mommy woulda never hire nobody else). And when she got too old to work there was some cousin always ah come up from JA fi stay a decent amount of time until she thought we were old enough to care for ourselves. The point is u really haffi know who u ah hire and even then u watch them! The agencies only know but so much, they don’t know the emotional state of a person. This woman must have been real sick to go on a killing spree on her first day, sick bitch.

• Berry says:

If this woman have har problems, she nuh keep dem to harself? Jah know star. She’s already written her death sentence. smh

O.M.G. My heart hurts for this family. You’re just doing what you have to do for yourself and your children and being punished at the same time. This is a very sad time we live in. Beasts in all shapes and forms. I pray the family draw a little closer to the Almighty in these times.

• Riches says:

Sometimes screening isn’t even enough, the nany may have snapped for God only knows what reasons. These poor babies, really unimaginable rip

• Talk_Di_Tings says:

Anonymous thank you for sharing that story cause mi no live a America and mi never did really a think bout the racial issues associated with being a Nanny. Maybe there needs to be more government regulations. But, as with any job when you a work for a Boss weh move like pussyhole sometimes like you seh the best thing fi do a fi walk out and leave.

From weh me read and see it look like the day care system is no better in the states either. But where I live they have all day cams in operation where parents can go on their cell phones and check what is happening. The government officers go to the day care twice daily to check on the children, and they always have at least one day care worker to six children at a time – so even the day care workers are watching each other. I am not sure if some states are like that, but I think it is a viable and reasonable option.

sumtimes i question myself where is God wen children ah get violated like dis????tearss smh lucifer walkin da earth lookin for souls God father come fi yuh world PLEASE!!!!!