PENWOOD DISGRACE

The video begins where around twenty-five students can be seen, some walking, others running, making a lot of noise in the process it was impossible not to know that something bad was about to happen.They were running to see the fight that claimed one young man’s life at an unmanned High School, in Kingston Jamaica.
The school children from Penwood High School in Jamaica we hastily running from one building to the other, no teacher in sight even after the fight ended.
When the Scholars got to the classroom the commotion was in , two boys could be seen arguing, one got up and gave the one that was standing what appears to be a stab. It was impossible for me to keep my eyes on the video, due to the fact that these children, school children seemed immune to the violence. One young man could be heard saying ”Dem man deh a murderer”, a young man could be seen walking with bloodstains in the back of his white school shirt, walking until he collapsed on the floor and other school children assisted in taking him out of the building into the school yard. As can be seen, no adult was present.

116 Responses to PENWOOD DISGRACE

• notrite says:

GM METTY TRUST AND BELIVE NOTHING COMIN OUT OF THIS U HEAR ME ME USE TO GO TARRANT AND A SAME WAY MARKIE STAB WAYNE CAMPBELL MI NO FIGET AND HIM GET LOCK UP AND COME OUTTA A JAIL AND DAT WAS IT AND WE A BIG PPL NOT….OMG ITS HORRIBLE MAYB IF HIM DID HELP HELP TRUE HIM A WALK OMG IT BAD NO TEACHER INNA A BIG SCHOOL LIKE THAT..

• ice man says:

smh so sad.

• Real says:

hmmmhmmm God bless that young girl and that that young man. So many other boys standing there and it takes a girl to help to carry him. I guess the teachers are not responsible for children on their lunch break.

morning notrite :peluk

• PPL busineSS says:

Of all the gruesome things come pon JMG MET a d first somen ever bring me to tears…When I say the young man fell to the floor the only thing I saw was 1 of my son, he had no idea that he would die he got the stab n continue walking not knowing that he is taking his last breath…me feel it fi d madda , to b poor is really a crime cause me na lie :berduka

Shool deh fi lock down!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Real says:

Today certain tings a mek mi look inna mi self …..where there is no help is hell …because if one a dem did jus intervene him life coulda save but nobody want to help another ….so him life gone just like dat and nobody was there

yes it fi lock down..human rights need to see this…CHILDREN LEFT UNATTENDED NO ONE TO AID THE KIDS……………MI SO MAD THIS MORNING A DOW KNOW HOW I SLEEP

inna skool man a “murderer” imagine wen dem dun skool an touch road a deathhhhhhhhhhh smh unbelievable

This sent chills up my spine. Rip young man.

• Real says:

observer dem a gunman a night and school boy a day ………..until dem stop go….maybe him neva have him gun pon him da day deh

met it fi lok rite dunggggg n lef dem teacha deh widout work…@ real smaddy neva a duh dem job chuss mih so sad

• PPL busineSS says:

Honestly as much as ppl a go blame d teachers me na blame dem cause nutten no set in place fi teacher watch over grown kids at lunch n in a volatile area as that may b the teachers r even too scared to get involved. Yes crime gwaan every where in the world in a school but me tink say it tek a very bad tempered n a person of cruel intentions to really stab another, n me na go pretend a normal ting fi d boys in Jamaica carry knives to school is like dem going to school looking for trouble r may b trying to defend themselves fr shit like this

dem must not be called teachers then…simple!!! Children are under the care of school officials while at school. Teach dem, protect dem, etc. THE SCHOOL FI SHET DUNG

• BK says:

DIS BRING TEARS TO MY EYES, I HAVE TO WATCH IT OVER AND OVER I CANT BELIEVE NOBODY TRIED TO STOP IT THEY ONLY PUSH IT FURTHER, IT WAS CLEAR THIS LITTLE BOY DID NOT HAVE NO ONE THAT HAVE HIS BACK . GOD BLESS THE YOUNG MAN THAT PICK HIM UP IN HIS ARMS AND THE LITTLE GIRL. OUR YOUNGER GENERATION IS SO COLD AND HEARTLESS, THEY HAVE NO BROTHERLY LOVE. AS A MOTHER THIS IS SO HEARTBREAKING, AS FOR THE ONE WHO GIVE THE WEAPON HE SHOULD BE HANDED THE SAME PENALTY AS THE MURDERER.

• Real says:

observer mi a tell yu ……a nuff sweet sweeper turn teacher dem misplaced in a society …any child at that school could be a victim….no supervision ..children have to be supervised ….

• Real says:

street*

• brown says:

met when i watch it last night mi heart bleed u them pickney deh u can clearly c that d 2 young man done fight an d other com an a hype up d next 1 and it look to me like is some one give him d knife look good met a boy com up to him around d back an give him something and then him turn round and attack d boy .them school big ppl deh cause them anuh school pickney all a them fi b put out a school a them hype up d boy an then him go kill d youth

• PPL busineSS says:

me caan watch it again me waan gather up me composer fi work later n dis me na lie tek a toll pon me, MET u tink say d Government a go intervene n change nutten in a d school system ?? no mek if a Campion r 1 a dem prestigious school de u hear a bag a tings but true a Penwood n a pure ghettto pikny go de nobody no care n more over a d school fi bury d kid cause him madda never send him de fi dead she send him de fi learn

Agree totally @ real.

a dis ghetto ppl fi war bout n riot caw dah skool deh wudda haffi lok til my pitney get a gud burial membah…is like dem nuh care fi ppl pitney…so sad yo

• Real says:

whappen to him mada? him bury yet?

mi nuh hear nutten yet @ real

As is often the case, the fight could have happened outside of the school compound as well. Even if the a Teacher was present, they will not risk their lives to intervene in a fight. 90% of the Teachers are Female, and the boys don’t give a hoot if a Teacher is present or not. As I said yesterday, Jamaican male socializes to be very aggressive and if you don’t defend your honor the other boys will make you a target.

I once stab another student back in the days and nothing came of it. Mother show up, talk to the Principal and that was it. The other boy was older and much bigger than I was. Luckily, the stab wound was to the shoulder and blood shooting out. This was on our way home, on Campus. I can tell you this, if it was today, I could not get away with something like that.

• Real says:

O ok…bwoy mi nuh know mi …it look fi prime minister more concerned with certain rights than the right of life …pitney a dead a school and baracude a launch fi dem concern and it more important

no man dem busy a help di rich fi re-build wile wi future generation has no guidance

I cannot watch it again but something has to be done…this cannot happen in schools…they should be searched for knives etc everyday…schools cannot go on like this

• Real says:

bwoy mi wah know if Portia Simpson have children? Because this is an easy ting fi do …mi si ppl a wine up inn a dutty carnival and a get whole heap a press and basic tings like security …and mi hear certain speech a mek bout everybody carry knife a school not so ….some schools are very safe …..Government nuh have no response so the teachers wont respond

• Nevertoolate says:

Good morning met n meters. This is so sad that not even in school our children are safe. It’s amazing to me that most kids these days are not taught to respect the life of another. Both parents and teachers are responsible for children in their care, may god help the families involve.

good morning nevertoolate

good morning nevertolate

• HONEY says:

Morning Met n everyone…mi can`t stop cry…mi speechless!!

This is such a tragedy, brought tears to my eyes. That boy had no idea that he would be taking hi last few breaths. It saddens me that in today society in situations like this no one calls for help, they automatically shout out YOU TUBE and WORLDSTAR. They stand around and video tape instead. Now this young man a criminal or not has lost his life on the ground of at place that’s supposed to prepare him for the world.

As a parent of 3 with 2 of them being boys I would never want them to be out in a situation such as this one

I’m sure everyone that was standing around is now thinking ‘SHOULDA. COULDA, WOULDA”. RIP young man and condolences to the family.

• ISpy (With my two big black eyes) says:

This is so sad as a parent…mi belly bottom a hurt mi, Parent plssssssssssss plsss plsss pray for your kids and beg God fi cover them daily as them leave out fi school in the morning sor anywhere, wake dem up early out them bed. whether you a sinner or saint and have daily morning devotions. Jesus is the only one that can help wi, this is beyond sad.

morning honey, ispy and anonymous mi jus nuh have the words

• G3N3RAL "happy with him" GOG3TT3R says:

but dem pickney deh anuh pickney hear dem pon d school compound wid d big bomboclaat dem

• Knows it all says:

Jesus Christ…

• Real says:

mi not even know if it fair fi mi angry wid the one that carry out the act….mi jus nuh know weh di ppl dem de fi protect dem ..now dem a seh him dead ova twenty dollar…so da yute deh might end up a prison lose him manhood and all these tings fi twenty dollar ……….no man this neva haffi happen ….a di principal and staff dem fi lock up since dem love hide dem wi do well inna likkle cell ….we dem did really day….a tea dem did a drink? or dem deh round a di back a smoke a spliff?

• bev says:

this sad not in school kids are safe

omg

• ja says:

Omg

• sussister says:

sad.. sadd… saddd…oh god sigh!!!

• OMG TEARS COME A MI TEARS….COWARD ALONE BRING WEAPON INNA FIST FIGHT… BUT THE ONE WEH A BAWL OUT “murderah” IT WAS TO THE ONE WEH COLAPSED BECAUSE HIM DID A POP HIM COLLAH…BUT MI HEAR SEH DEM RUN GUH KICK HIM OUTTA THE TWO PIKNEY DEM WEH DID A CARRY HIM HAND…& FINISH STAB HIM UP. JESUS CHRIST MON.

• Real says:

so afta all that ..that happen and di teacha dem still missing??

• Nom de Plume says:

Good afternoon Met and Metters. As the police man put it ‘Young males are becoming an endangered species’. This type of thing can happen anytime and anywhere. I feel for this boy and his mother but My sympathies also extend to the other boy because they are both victims of a society that WE created. Its not the government/teacher/school’s fault this happened, more like the values and attitudes a lot of Jamaicans continue to perpetuate. What was this boy doing with a scissors in his bag? peel orange? the court will consider the fact that the other boy was not armed(initially) meaning he did not intend to kill the 16 yr. His lawyer will make a case for self-defence and even if he is found guilty of manslaughter he is still a juvenile so he will be free in no time. People need to change their own attitudes before they can begin to reach out to the youths and the sad truth is, this is the behaviour some parents themselves find normal.

so true Nom, yu hav a pint. Sum a dem parents wi rush all di teacha dem wen tings nuh guh dem way

true nom

• Class says:

Morning Met and JMG

It strikes me how dunce the children seem yet they’re in a school setting. I am in the healthcare field and I vow to teach my children standard first aid and CPR level C just in case…. Met I doubt the teachers would have been able to help in after the fact considering that it went that far because dem don’t even know likkle first aid. He should not have been walking after being stabbed in the first place!! You could hear him coughing/choking while he was walking. Possibly a collapsing lung and internal bleeding. immediate medical attention could have saved him.

My God Metty di bad newz dem juss a pour enn suh wi need Jesus now mor dan eva. In other news>>>> yuh ere bout di girl weh supposedly died during child birth…har baby shower kip weh dai n damnshorty was di photographer..it was so nice she looked so healthy n glowing…such a sad thing to happen.

A VERY LOST JAMAICA!!! I AM IN SHOCK. Too much bad influence, no respect, breakdown of morals, no real role models, vulgarity at the forefront, law & order a thing of the past replace by blatant fearless warmongers whether they win, lose or end up dead. This is the epitome of kids losing their life to peer pressure. Kids nowadays barely have a mind of their own so sad I’m torn.

• Brightlight says:

Good morning Miss Metsy and all.

I couldn’t finish the finish the video. As I see the blood stain in the boy back and here him a cough it just tear mi up on the inside.

I agree with Nom, we have to change our attitude. Also, when you are in the heat of a battle, no matter the fact this was school children fighting, you aren’t thinking clearly. It’s nothing and very EASY to kill someone in the midst of anger and that’s why even when we are angry we have to THINK and do so rationally.

My heart hurts for the mother of the child who is dead as well as the child who stabbed him and his mother. I can’t help but believe that other kid is living in a world of regret. Forever to be stained with the knowledge he murdered someone over nothing. This really hurt me Met :(

Brightie I couldnt watch all nor can I watch it again.. I cant I really cannot ,,,it hurts so bad

• Original Goodas says:

me caa watch it, from the descrition yesterday me blood run cold…

• Class says:

If I even catch a cold while I’m in Ja mi deh pon d next flight out……… period

Show off bring disgrace tho and in his case; death. I just wish he didn’t stab the other kid first. I kno personally that if I’m in a fight and there’s a crowd, I am more compelled to “done” my opponent as opposed to if me and someone fighting “one a way”. More time mi just mek dem run dem mouth and gwaan but if dem try “dis” me in front a ppl fi shame mi then it will bring out the Carib in me. We are either Carib or arawak, and me is no Arawak.

Met, lunch time and after school are just about the only times the children need supervision because otherwise they are in class with a teacher so I don’t see why someone would say the teachers shouldn’t be responsible because they should. In my time we had to hide and fight and our shoes was about the only weapon we had. My parents would buss mi ass if i fought at school; win or lose.

Class yes a lunch time but whey di supervison? Why is a knife allowed on the school grounds? Yuh can beat america fi nuff tings but this nah happen like dat ina classroom..especially in urban areas

Jah kno this bring tears.. mi deepest condolences goes out to the family..mi out of words fi daa one yah

• care zero says:

its very sad

Class is like nothing to f000 when dem si di blood? What kind of children dem a raise??????…from the teachers heard the noise someone should at least peep out…teachers should be assigned fi do lunch duty because nuff a dem sidung ina staff room fi half a day..is a high school dem nah teach di whole day…and they are getting paid for the whole day…

this haffi go pan lightpost top so all who a read and always act like unno nah read…mek dis story global..WHAT HAS PORTIA COME OUT TO SAY? MINISTRY OF EDUCATION?????????????????? ONLY THE POLICE TALK…. PRINCIPAL GET FIRED??????????????????? WHAT THE f000 IS BEING DONE

• Original Goodas says:

met a demon dem ya pickney ya.. me just sorry fi di few whats really going to school to learn something

I AM SO SAD AT THIS I DONT KNOW THE BOY BUT IT REALLY HURTS WHERE WAS THE PPL THAT ARE THE HEAD OF THESE STUDENTS? SHAME ON THEM AND SHAME ON THE REST OF THE KIDS THAT BOOST THIS FIGHT THEM SHOULD LOCK UP ALL OF THE …R.I.P TO THE YOUTH AND CONDOLENCE TO THE FAMILY

goodas mi seh dem a talk like a nuh nothing………………………….

Met, there a lot of shooting in US schools also. I pass by a number of Schools in my area on a daily basis and the Police are outside of the Schools before and after school to prevent fights. As much as maybe 10 Police cars per school. You should see the thugs that go to these schools? No books, dreadlocks, gold teeth, pants below their butts and the girls dress as if they are going to parties. There is no way I would let my kids attend at of these schools.

GIRL SHOT DEAD IN SCHOOL AFTER REJECTING ANOTHER GIRL’S ADVANCES

School shootings: 20 years of questions and no answers

yes shooting more in suburbs …read what I said please…IN URBAN AREAS THEY IMPLIMENT SECURITY CHECK FOR STUDENTS…thanks

• Nom de Plume says:

Met a di grace a God mek me neva end up like this when me a grow. When I was 16 I stabbed up someone and went to juvenile detention til I was 18. Met Di woman (21 yo) stabbed me as well and even though she was the aggressor me and my little sis (15) got put away while she walked. At the time I couldn’t understand why the Judge was sending us away when we were right. But today we thank ‘Cripple’ for his wisdom. The state will only intervene once you have committed yourself. until then there is not a lot they can do. We were not the aggressor but the judge saw that we were by all accounts aggressive as hell and he said for our safety and the safety of the community He was giving us correctional orders. Met I left that place with 11 subjects (SSC and JSC) my sis with 5. but it could have been so different . When you’re 16 you don’t have the benefit of hindsight. so it is imperative that the adults do whatever they can to help these kids. Sadly it takes incidents like this happening before the state can get involved.

:kiss you were aggressive but not bad at heart because some people would have held onto bitterness

• Ms.B says:

METTTT! Is this real! From mi born ! Just like that ! Wait deh so nobody cldnt take the knife ? Him never know he cld kill the other one ? It seem Soo surreal !! Sme Nuh have security ? Ah must poor ppl school nobody Nuh care anymore . Too sad .

Ms B u better believe its real

• Ms.B says:

U Nuh see even after teh boy get stab the Pickney dem happy same way! Tings will never be better because the kids/ possible future – dem heartless themself and immune to violence . Yuh see how the extremist Muslims. Dem accept death ah suh dem accept it like it normal to meet untimely death. One time ppl see knife dem run but them Pickney all deh vibes up the fight( which normal when there r no weapons)

Ms B mi neva si dat part because mi cudden watch it mi did haffi skip through sometimes all u see certain topic mi cannot even comment pan di way it hurt but this mek so sad and angry at the same time…

• Ms.B says:

Met ! I didn’t see ll of it ! I can’t help it. I am weeping . My heart . Especially since I have a brother.

• Nom de Plume says:

Met it took a few months between the incident and the conclusion of the case. In the interim I was expelled from a prominent high school because the Mother Superior would not have it. all the time I kept thinking i was going to walk free cos a she first. I blamed her for getting expelled and I swore when the case was over I was gonna chop her neck off!!! But God had a plan for me and the judge could see what I couldn’t. At 16 or even 18 you are still a fool. Maybe without proper intervention I would never have moved on in my life.

• 187 Dem says:

Good day Met & Metters,

as a mother watching this really gave me chills…. I can only imagine how the mother feels & worse of all to know it was done by another student or students makes it even worse. What could have been so bad that there was no other way to resolve their issue?? Jah know I wouldn’t even be able to sleep at night being present in a situation like that if I was one of the students. Lord please intervene ASAP!!! Mi just in total shock!!!!!

:kiss Nom please give a testimony and make sure u help try to change young lives..God bless and keep you always for the change u made

Ms mi waa know what penwood have to say about this mi really really waa know

• Nom de Plume says:

I cant see any of these kids as bad just very misguided. They will look back on this day with regret. One of the biggest things in changing my own attitude to violence was the mentoring of the staff at the correctional school. Young people need positive role models and mentors.

• Nom de Plume says:

@187Dem just think about it. when I was growing up fighting was the only way to resolve anything for me and when the fighting got too heated and the parenst got involved it was pure beating (more violence) No talking and explaining conflict resolution cause violence was all the parents knew also. sigh

• Nom de Plume says:

Met the honest truth weh God love is that even as an adult its a daily struggle to control my temper. I can be so quiet and calm one minute and the next like a volcano. I am scared of my own temper some time and the best I can do is just avoid certain situations which is not even ideal since trouble don’t set like rain..

This fight look like a regular ting happen on premises..reminds me of the movie LEAN ON ME which took place in New Jersey..fight a bruck,pitney a tek and sell drugs in front of teacha and dem turn a blind eye…portia need fi mek it mandatory fi at least two sojah fi guard every school inna Jamaica

Each class should have a prefect and an assistant prefect that will be brave enough to give details of what happens throughout the day in class because I know regular students may not give up details but with things like this a system needs to be implemented ..Teachers and students cannot be at lunch at the same time so I hope dem nuh use lunch time as excuse

Nom of course and that Im sure u have learnt …self control and it nuh only mean fi calm yourself down it means controlling yourself from situations you know will get the best of you

• feel like I’m watching somebody kill my own son, tears, oh god

• 187 Dem says:

@Nom In completely understand what you’re saying my dear & you raised a great point about the children being misguided. Children definitely live what they learn & are very impressionable so being surrounded by it, that would be the first reaction as opposed to talking.

It’s good to know you’ve turned a negative situation into a positive one too, thats what alot of these youg people growing up need to learn to do, but with the influences of todays social medias & so on the first thing comes to their minds is to fight…

• Nom de Plume says:

The police had alot to say about the school’s response but they have a greater role to play. when people are living in an environment where they feel like the law is not adequate in protecting them they resort to violence to protect themselves. The police have a lot on their plates yes but it is also their remit as the primary preventers of crime to address violence at a grass root level. I dont know how they can reach out to the youths considering the mistrust the public has for them but I believe they are the key.

• Richard Edwards says:

Commentary from Richard Ewdards

Clearly, this is a sad sad commentary on the existing situation in Jamaica, where children are in fact killing each other. You know folks, part of the reason why we see so much violence in Jamaica is because we are fed violence from a very tender age. Jamaican parents are notorious for being abusive to their children, and soon children realize that to resolve anything they have to use force because that is what is used at home, at school and in general society, hence the killing field called Jamaica lives on. However, I believe the school has some obligation to protect children that are in their care, and clearly that did not happen here, at least it was not captured in this footage, but we can’t speak in a vacuum, and the truth is, teachers are fearful of some of these students and their parents, who oftentimes show up at the school to fight teachers who discipline their children. The problem is a complex one and the solutions are quite distant, but it pains me deeply to see children being killed in a manner shown her, I went to Duhaney Park Primary School, then on to Kingston College and then on To UWI,I have never encountered a fight, it’s sad how things and time have changed. My sincerest sympathy and condolence to the family of this child, the sad thing about all of this, is that there will be revenge in this killing and very soon we will hear of another killing related to this one, and so the Blood Sport continues unabated. Bwoy, there is no word in the English Lexicon to tell you all how frustrated I am by the sordid things that are unfolding in Jamaica. It really makes you wonder if there is any hope for us as a nation and as a people. Puppa Jeezas help wi.

• 187 Dem says:

@Met,

trust mi dis one really put di icing pon di cake. Mi bawn a Jamaica & grow a NY & I’ve never experienced going to high school down there other than primary school which I have minimal memory of but dis is scary… Yes, we know tings happen up yah di same way stabbing, shooting you name it, but at least there is some form of justice after the fact. WTH ARE THE AUTHORITIES GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS??? Mi weak when mi watch, Jah know mi medz mash up!!

• Riches says:

When i watched this last week on fb, i couldnt comprehend it, i felt so utterly sad that this could happen in any school, i couldnt stand to watch the video again but it speaks to so much ill that is happening not only in our schools but society at large. How can children be so quick to respond with anger? and i kept thinking to myself where the hell where the teachers? the whole thing happened in a couple of mins and not one rass teacher in sight, and to date the society hasnt heard anything else abt the case

• ClassyBlackChic says:

everybody blaming the teachers why they weren’t in sight but have anyone ever think that the teachers are fearful for their life. I remember an incident several years ago in high school when we were going back from lunch and some boys decided that they are not going back to class after lunch and met a teacher went over to them and asked them to go to class and one of the boys step to the teacher and start give her a breed a bax up i never forget sometimes students spit on and kick down teacher so maybe violence is a regular ting at penwood why no one responded. i just hope they would bring in some discipline and security system as its very sad to see our youths die this way.

• LUNDUN says:

good day met

good day metters

i was really reluctant to watch this video. i read the story beneath it first, then pondered again if i should press play. from the moment i heard about this story last week, i felt really bad. i was angry at the boy that killed the youth, now finding out that the murdered youth stabbed the murderer first, i am now angry at the situation.

i’m really sorry for all involved, even the students who will be left traumatized by this incident. after a week or so of analyzing the situation, i realize that the blame should be left squarely on the government. why? because they are the ones that have led jamaica astray, by letting lawlessness go unpunished and fear and intimidation settling in the hearts and minds of the citizens.

those teachers are afraid themselves, of both parents and students and u can’t blame them because how many times have we heard of teachers getting beaten up by parents. if a teacher was present during that fight, i don’t think it would have made a difference. some of these kids aren’t afraid to fight in front of a teacher, especially in those inner cities.

• too much says:

What does the system do with the killer? rehabilitate him….sorry to have that kind of venom in yuh, u ca change. and mi know this sound bad, but that is why police kill dem out when them hold dem one a way. Because to take the perpetrator and lock him up on tax payers money, what does that do? he gloated to the police how him sort him out!!! u cannot rehabilitate that, u just have to kill dem out. Mi feel bad fi say it, but is the truth, when police faced with this now, whe dem fi do? RIP Nario….I hope and pray ur death isnt in vain….and as for the cheering bystanders and camera man, i hope it haunt dem the rest of them life, cauz reality must sync in after awhile.

• too much says:

it is alleged that victim stab murder first, but..there are 2 videos. and killers action was no self defense. Regardless, it is a most unfortunate situation

• f000ery says:

This ‘killer kid’ at 14 or 15 is a clearly product of his inner city garrison community and the negativity that lurks therein. They grow up seeing what they see and think that’s what life is all about. The residents need to hand over these bad seeds and then the government instead of teefing the money need to go in a reestablish these areas beginning with the worst of the worst. Easier said than done however.

Di yute that died unfortunately may have served as a sacrifice for many and probably has ended up saving many lives because killer kid was surely destined for a life of crime. Who is to tell if he hasn’t taken a life or lives before. Had the police gunned down this piece ah shit, then you woulda hear the outcry of how he was a good yute. At the end of the day maybe di 2 a dem wrong but there is no place for what happened. Flatten dat whole f000ing school and condemn the land that it sits on. Won’t restore lives but that’s a good place to start with some type of rehabilitation.

OMG this video is so disturbing…This school and staff need to be punished if I found out my child was part of that crowd I would beat them.T his need to be a lesson for all the schools on the Island.

• Nom de Plume says:

some of the views being expressed goes right to the matter of why some of these kids behave so badly. They are growing up too quickly being treated like adults when they are just kids.

• Heart Goes Out says:

We are hurting and it is at this time we seek someone to blame so that we can at least ease some of the pain. Most of the blame is directed to the principal an teachers and less towards the parents. while i believe that there should have been more supervision in the school i believe that parents need to also be responsible for rearing their children hence the outcome of their behaviour. They should help to train their kids to walk away from incidents like this, to help in times of need, etc etc and so on. it is really painful for me to comment but trust me, there is an opportunity now. i hope government officials, school officials, parents and the public in general will find some ways in which to teach, instruct, guide, caution students/youths( using this incident as an example.) We need love boi and more tenderness in this country.

Slackness this technology thing mek kids get worst.A video to get likes is more important than life smdh

Exactly @Anonymous says: at 2:08 pm!!!! How many videos we have watched on this site where two inner city woman are fighting over men, armed with stones and knives? If you look at ALL these videos you will see school children in the uniform and younger impressionable children, watching or being exposed to this type of “ghetto” behavior on an almost daily basis. How then can we expect these children to act when they go into the school exvironment.

Expecting school officials to intervene is hopeless….would you risk your life to part these fights and run the risk of being stabbed yourself? Hell no, the Teachers/Principals are not going to get involved. They have their family to go home to and self-preservation is the order of the day. Maybe we shouldn’t be rebroadcasting the stereotypical ghetto-ish youtube videos, as we are just furthering/supporting this crass behavior. Expecting goverment and schools to turnaround the already sailed ship is just wishful thinking.

• just concern says:

i remember when i was living in brooklyn and had to get my daughter in high school, i remember the first day i went to the school, it wasn’t the school that i wanted her to go but i had no choice, there was about seven security gaurds on this school compound and of course i was very shock simply because where i’m from i’m not ust to seeing so many security gaurds in one school and i keep saying to myself omg this can’t be good, this is not a good sign and i remember going over to one of the security gaurd and jokingly saying to him “wow you got a lot of gaurds here” and he turn to me and said “no this is just maybe half of us normally there’s about fifteen of us”, i just wanted to die on the spot cause this was a school that my daughter was about to go and of course thre was several monitors that they had to go through the school reminds me of prison itself, but you know what, they know the type of kids that was coming to the school so they had to do what they had to do to to ensure the safety of not only the students but the teachers as well it might look scary but its the right thing to do. Yes Penwood is in a bad area, yes a mostly kids from the ghetto goes to Penwood, yes most of them are from broken homes and we all know what can happen when you put all these kids together under the sam roof. Portia why don’t you see to it that couple security gaurds and soldiers are place in schools that are in the garrison areas it may not solve the promblems but i can garauntee you it will make it a whole lot better and safer for both the students and teachers.

• Kremlin4life says:

Met I’m dumbfounded I don’t know wat to say, than god really a come FI world soon. I had to show 2 daughters this. Me still Caan find Nuh words than it Neva haffi end it death. My heart weeps for both mothers. Omg

• adwa says:

@ heart goes out 2:04, i completely agree. more should be spoken of the parent’s responsibility in rearing decent individuals? if di mumma an di puppa a encourage dem pickney fi kip up f000ry, di teacha dem caaaaaannnnn fix up dat, if dem try a str8 box, chop, or gunshot. so for self-preservation, it’s best the teachers do what they can, but remember not to cross a certain boundary. it’s a horrible situation, but for whatever bizarre reason, this is the society jamaica has created for itself.

i mean look at di schoolas dem, they are passed misguided and so desensitized to the violence and negativity taking place before them. it’s rough bcuz mi know ghetto thinking an a same so mi tan, if mi feel like somebody a try fi diss mi, mi quick fi defend it. but its tru, we grow up hard, we grow up with that anger, and we grow learning that softness is a weakness an wi stay inna dat “bad people” frame of mind. something truly has to be done about how our youth are socialized.

anyway, my deepest condolences to nario and his family. my heart cries for you all. and GOD bless di young lady and young man weh help them fren to his dying end, at least all is not lost.

• Flatbush Ave...NYC says:

First of all that so called kid need to be charged as an ADULT!!!! And as for all the instigators involved they too need to be charged with Accessory to Murder. Because that’s exactly was it f000ing was. The school Administration should be paying for this child’s funeral. I hope the parents bring Criminal Charges against the school and all who was involved. The same way this criminal could take a life, his life need to be taken as well. Or better yet, send his ass up ah GP for a good 20 Years. Let him reflect on his bullshit.

• No Joke says:

For some reason I am not shocked. A scenario similar to this played out right in front my eyes a year ago in St Mary an my uncle was the one to buss two shots in the air the boy would stop stabbing after the other boy. These young ppl don’t tek talking from no one. In this situation I would like to know whereeeee were the teachers….not even one.

• sim says:

Met I know that teachers have their rights are taken from us. We can no longer search these children, whether for weapons or stealing others properties. the children have all the rights now.

• Real says:

A man without self-control
    is like a city broken into and left without walls.Proverbs 25 v 28 .
    No body have self control. The government officials use government money and send their children to school oversees and when they are ill they go away to doctors. They take all the money and leave a woman who has nothing to take care of ten children. I understand that if you have one child and nothing is going good you should not have anymore but the education is not there. These children do not know any better. Many of them not thinking about any body else they are just thinking of themselves alone. This is no different than one what the government is doing. If we do not stand up to this kind of attack we are no better. This child is gambling at school because it is allowed and he got killed it does not matter who stab who first. The fact is that one of them would have died. It does not matter who is pushing you, you have to stand up for yourself and this is something they were never taught. No one can get me to do anything I do not want to do. I am sure he did not know what would have happened so I hope God will forgive him and that he may forgive himself. It is bad enough he will have to live with this. All of the security and teachers payment are in the vehicles and houses they are buying for athletes and other people who do not need it. There are a lot of Usain Bolts out there but they either died, in prison or homeless.

i am from a very volatile area myself jungle to be exact… and i use to get up to these ghetto fights nearly everyday..when its not sisters fighting other sisters,or frens and frens or mate and mate and so on…if it wasnt this corna fighting with that corna a something else…my wall was like a target practice because of how much bullet hole that filled it and i still never end up in a fight in my life and i have to thank my mother and grandmother because daddy wasnt there that much so in situations like these parents are to be blamed also because the way you behave in or out your community depends on how you were brought up…nuh gunshot or no fight never had me thinking like the backside lick dem weh my madda woulda promise me if me ever think me bad and go anyway go misbehave…and for the fact that this buoy already seems like he was nearly dead and someone up top say them go back and finish the yute outside….now what demon of hell coulda possess that boy fi really go finish the likkle buoy,him couldnt cool…so i dont feel sorry for him if dem put him inna gp fi the rest of him life because death was in his intention…and mi have three brothers and 3 uncles and none of them never involve in a anything to make neither my mom or grandmother hold dem head…this was just done for the hype on facebook or worldstar or youtube as someone said…pickney fi know dem selves since yuh wah bad or unu think unu bad how about going to iraq or afghanistan pon di frontline…and some a unu careless muma breed young and nah grow di kids dem good…a di parents dem me blame…mi see family come a my school already come lick out the guardman teeth dem out a him mouth clean clean and race up teacher,now what kinda example dem a set…

• Tiesha says:

This is the saddest thing I’ve seen in a long time. To capture this young mans last breath on video is heart breaking.

• bless i says:

this is heart wrenching, it brings tears to my eyes

• TheOracle says:

Why we talking about no teacher was present? Do u think these students would hesitate to stab a teacher too if he/she intervened in this fight? What of the many students standing around egging them on and who did nothing to save this boys life?
    …a part of growing up is taking reposibility for our actions
    We should be bemoaning the fact that this is the way high school students see fit to settle an argument…we aren’t far from school shootings in Jamaica and i guess we will try to blame teachers/adult then too?

• Pretty Girl says:

Has a parent you send your child to school, and then you get a call saying your child is dead. I can’t even image. I cryed i can’t stop this is not right

met at 2:13 there was 3 grown ups standing around

fi real real? mi neva si dat so how it got to that if adults were there?

• IKR says:

The cop station is literally down the street, around di corner. I am from Waterhouse and I know ppl who went to Penwood in di pass. It was always considered a dangerous school. It’s not too far from Tower Hill either. Very sad indeed.

• yea says:

hi met, this is so sad. if the children are our future is this our future? they are a product of their environment. my God my stomach move when i heard one of them say “him a go drop now ” so heartless and cold. if di teacher dem scared of the student dem, then i think they should be provided with security. to di way how dis look dem a pickney a dem yard and adult at school because they are in charge, because mi nuh si one adult fi say unnuh stop. one summady say dem a student a day an gunman a night time. i still feel some adult should be held accountable for this boys murder

• TALKTHETRUTH says:

This is so sad. Children are living their lives to please others, the little boy did’nt have to lose his life over something as petty as $20. I think that the parents need to take more responsibility in the upbringing of their children as many of them are exposed to so much voilence from an early age. The music these days has soo much to do with it (in my opinion) cause if u can have so called artists glorifying demonic acts as nomal what more can we expect from the upcomming youths? I wish that certain songs could be barred from airplay eg most of Tommy Lee music as it teaches nothing more than violence, murder and demons.
    I went to a stage show and when Tommy Lee come on it’s like him have the crowd in a traunce or something, their behaviour change immediately which is actually very scary cause as a youngster growing up in this society nowadays if this is seen to be the norm then God alone can intervene to make changes. My heart goes out to the families of both boys. Such a senseless act of violence and somehow I dont think it would have made much difference if a teacher was present or not as they more than likely fear for thier own life. RIP :mewek2

THOSE KIDS ARE NOT UP TO HIGH SCHOOL STANDARD…..THAT DAM SCHOOL SHOULD STILL NAME PENWOOD SECONDARY…WHAT A SHAME N DISGRACE..I WOULD THROW ALL OF THOSE THUGS/STUDENT IN JAIL

• soap opera says:

Oh god they are just kids. I am not saying it could not happen in America but a lot of people would be held accountable, people would have been fired.