I FOUND THIS ON A HERPES FORUM

I am a 32 year old woman with a baffling situation on how I contracted the herpes 2 virus. I was with my daughter’s fatherfor 10 years and I did not receive any symptoms of any kind of STD. I had total STD testing done in 2003 and came back negative. My daughter’s father never gave me any reason to believe he was unfaithful to me during our time together. Our last sexual encounter was in June 2004. After that I was celibate for 3 years.

In 2007 I met my current boyfriend and about 1 year later I felt a wart in my genital area. This was just a few days after we had went swimming for the first time and I thought there was a connection with the pool. I went to my gyn and he said it probably was the hpv virus and he used some type of acid to remove it. It healed and I didn’t give it too much thought.

Now, 6 months later I started feeling irritated in my genital area. I thought it was from the hpv returning again with more warts. Also, during this time I discovered that my boyfriend was still involved with his ex-girlfriend during the few months of our relationship. I listened to his voicemail without his knowledge and heard her saying that she had herpes but she did not seem accusatory towards him for having it. This alarmed me and I went to the doctor for blood work and my herpes test came back positive for type 2. I confronted him with this and told him he must have given it to me for sure because he was the only person I was sexually involved with. I didn’t tell him that I know she had it. He agreed to go and get tested.

Yesterday, we went to his doctor to review his results and I was shocked he came back negative for herpes 2 but he was positive for herpes 1. His doctor said I did not get herpes from him. He claim he hasn’t even had an outbreak from herpes 1 in years. With all this being said I cannot understand how I have this and she has this and he’s negative. He is the link between us and I believe this is too much of a coincidence. The only other thing that comes to mine is the swimming pool because he use to go swimming with her there too.

This is now putting a strain on our relationship because now I don’t look so innocent and I know I am. I know I have given a lot of details here but I am just so baffled by this situation. Also to add one more thing his doctor said he also was tested 6 months ago for STD’s and everything was negative then as well. I feel this is so unfair because I have been the faithful one is this relationship and I have the genital herpes diagnosis.
Please help

8 Responses to I FOUND THIS ON A HERPES FORUM

• LUNDUN says:

wow @ the story

• ... says:

Lundy most times is so it happen, the women find out & the men are not shedding & have no symptoms so when the women confront them the women don’t seem credible. Its a very tricky virus. But that dr that she went to I don’t know how come he/she never tested for Herpes as well cause usually any likkle ting a dat first dem test for (my experience with a hair bump, gross I know but that day was a day cause I swear I was going to kill of my significant other). Since then though I read up on that thing & ask question

• Goodup Goddess says:

Sweety I’m sorry to hear this and yes he is the link. Vaginas are more susceptible to getting diseases from other vaginas. Hpv is not a std because it only effects women but it’s labeled so because it gets transfered via vagina to penis then these nasty ass men go sleep with a next woman unprotected.

• MsShyOuttaRoad says:

*SINGING *
    First you get a swimming pool full of liquor then you dive in…

HIM BRIGHT AN OUT A ORDER E, OW HIM FI TEK DI BOUT A UNNO GAL 2 DA SAME POOL??? BWOYY

• It is imperative that people stop thinking that herpes is something you find out about instantaneously. The a symptomatic period has a latency period that varies from individual to individual. Some people do show signs quickly because the first outbreak is the worst but subsequent outbreaks are fewer and shorter in duration. It is possible to have contracted this earlier from your hubby and not know or from your present relationship. Either way it doesn’t serve a purpose to stress yourself over those details when others are more pressing. Are you using homeopathic and pharmaceuticals such as acyclovir or valtrex? Are you taking lysine and zinc supplements as well as extra vitamins c and d? Are you avoiding red meat, nuts and chocolates? Are you reducing your stress and fostering a positive attitude? If not get with the program. I counsel my patients every day on std’s and vaginal well being. An std happens more commonly than you may think. You can be monogamous, practice safe sex and still contract an std. I must remind people to not ridicule, scorn or be ill informed. Herpes affects 1 in 4 with the figures rising dramatically. The pictures you see on the Internet are not reliable. Breakouts occur in places other than the genial areas and can be quite subtle. Please do your research. Experimental vaccines are in the works in the u.k and also a cure allegedly. Herpes is similar to HIV in the sense that it hides out and then replicates but unlike HIV that goes rogue herpes flares up and then goes dormant again until the next flare up.

• Jules says:

What a strange tale. I don’t even know what to say..just research and take your treatment, Keep away from sweets and processed foods and try di bitta melon see if it work fi u. Many people live full lives wid herpes 2. Mi know any diagnosis hard at first, but with time you will get over it. You may never even have another outbreak fi di rest of your life.

There is no way you can prove you have been faithful, all you can do is meck your conscience set you free and gwan live.

• EbonyLolita says:

I keep saying this & Imma say it again. A Dr told me Herpes 1 & 2 are skin to skin diseases & most ppl do not know they have it b/c they don’t always immediately show symptoms. She could have gotten it from ANYWHERE but Herpes lays dormant in your body & for any number of reasons shows up making you think that you got it from a current partner. Which you may or may not have. That is why it is important to get blood work done BEFORE ANY sexual contact so you both know what you’re working with. If 1 in 4 ppl have Herpes 2 then imagine the real numbers b/c that’s only 1 in 4 ppl who get tested! This disease is more common then AIDS. Folks betta wake up & educate themselves. :hn

• oh dear says:

Why she never tell him she know the other girl have it aswell?