OH BOY

download (3)

Nigerian girl left disfigured after acid was thrown in her face by a Muslim woman

20 year old Naomi Oni was disfigured for life when a unknown person wearing a niqab threw acid in her face as she walked home from work on Sunday December 30th in Lodge Avenue Dagenham, east London.

Naomi told The Evening Standard that she was on her way back from work when she heard someone behind her. She explains:

I’d been working a late shift and was talking to my boyfriend about what we were going to do for New Year when I saw this Muslim woman wearing a niqab covering her face. I thought it was a bit strange at that time of night, but she didn’t say anything and I kept on walking. ’Then I felt a splash on my face. It burned and I screamed out. I started running and screaming, holding my face, all the way home. I didn’t look back. I got home and I was screaming and banging on the door. I was hysterical. Luckily my godmother, who is a pharmacist, was at home with my mum and she helped me and kept dipping my face in water and trying to calm me down until the police and ambulance got there.

’I was in shock. Saying: ”Who would do that? Who would do that?” How could anyone do this?’. Naomi recently released photos of her disfigured face after police failed to find the person who did this to her. She’s now appealing to the public to help her catch her attacker. She said she would never feel safe with her attacker still at large. She also said the attack has destroyed her life

’I look in the mirror and it just isn’t me. I’ll never look the same again. I’ve always been outgoing and confident in my job and in my personal life, used to getting attention for the way I dress or my hair, but now I don’t want anyone looking at me. I don’t want people to see me in public. I don’t want to get the Tube or the bus. If I have to go to the hospital I take a taxi. ’I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to go back to my job. I was planning to go to college in September to study media and fashion, but I don’t even know if I’ll be able to do that. Even with the support of my family and friends and boyfriend I feel very alone,’ she said. ’Nothing is going to be same anymore.’
Naomi faces years of skin grafts and plastic surgery .

12 Responses to OH BOY

• Oh Dear says:

Jah know, i bet that it wasn’t a real Muslim woman, a somebody weh she know dress up so and do it…… she must have made herself some serious enemies!

a wonda ow far fi har hous did deh from di incident caw mi nuh noe if no weh neva deh weh she cudda stop n seek elp…slow down di burn…betta chek yuh man caw dat nuh normal an di perpetrator is no random person

• LUNDUN says:

yes i think di attacker knows her. hopefully they are caught soon because this is a wicked act.

• Brightlight says:

The attacker knows her. That happened to someone I know. Dem dangerous wid di acid burning in the UK.

i feel it for her. these nothin she could do that she deserve this.

• Mi feel it fi da girl deh. All if she di a deal with someone else man, she nuh deserve that…

• LadyWoW says:

ohhh goodness dats horrible. This story read like she was targeted. poor ting

• Foxy says:

She needs to put a PI on the boyfriend cos the sane line of thought here is, this was his other woman or rightful owner. People are very rarely randomly attacked with acid. This is why I am a huge proponent of women being armed, because more than the disfigurement of the acid burn, the painful part is knowing the perpetrator did this and got away scot free.
    Things like this I wouldn’t even report, I would go to uncommom measures to tap his phone and track down this person and respond in kind. Me disfigured and you disfigued twice as bad.

• Fyahwife says:

Very sad

Suh a dem kinda sinting yah a gwan a London? Man a unexpectedly thump dung women, women a dash acid inna ppl face kmt. That’s y France nuh wah dem wear no niqab deh enuh, cuz dis bitch use it fi hide har identity an aguh get weh wid disfiguring di girl.

• Just saying says:

Unless I am confusing her for someone else, but I read somewhere recently that investigators are saying they think she did it to herself. Similar to that white girl who had did it to herself but first claimed it was a black woman who committed the crime.

• Chocolate Dream says:

@Just saying, its the same case. I read in the paper they were actually looking into it, saying that she may have done it herself. I find that hard to believe though, what would she gain??? would some not have spilled elsewhere?? either way that is f—ed up.