POLICE KILLINGS DRAW HUMAN RIGHTS CONCERN

police hat_4-Optimized
Good afternoon Met and Metters, there is an epidemic of police killings that is rampant in Jamaica, and the matter seems to be getting more and more severe. I wonder if we the citizens of Jamaica are concerned about the unchecked and unprofessional actions of the police. This broadcast was aired on TVJ recently, (check tv show all angles)

The Human Rights Group seems highly concerned about the alarming rate of police killings and citizens of communities are outraged at the redundant “alleged” claim of shoot outs. Always the same old story, “man shoot at police and they retaliate”. Really? And why is that the fictitious “recovered weapon” is always a 9mm or mack 10? Metters please voice your oppinions. Respect Met this is one of the few platforms where people have access to speak. Thank you

80 Responses to POLICE KILLINGS DRAW HUMAN RIGHTS CONCERN

• sett gud says:

Well, if a so it go it fi stop, and all dem unsolved murda a gud people inna jamaica need a cold case department. Mi no kno how fi feel when bobylon kill sum a dem criminals yaw becuz mi been a victim by dem. True story, a decent man walk inna john crooks auto parts store, see 2 punk a rob im friend store try fi talk dem outta it an dem shot an kill im. this man have im 2 pickney way im send go private school, tek dem from de mumma cuz she want run road an pay im mother fi care fi dem. hav dem future plan out fi dem, im son ago be a pilot an im daughter airhostess put dem a private sch Alpha Kinder Gardens.
    After im murda dem go bac to dem whoring mumma, wey now hab a bungle a kids, no more sch,no care, no love, dem lives change foreva……..unno can imagine the re4t……so mi no kno how fi feel when summa dem get killed…………

• Belly Bang says:

Mawning Met, Metters and all, because each one matters.

Cause for concern yes. But there maybe another angle. There is also an epidemic of gun related murders, shootings, robberies and assaults in Jamaica, some of them brazen and brutal, in the daytime, nighttime, anytime, in the square, along the main road, infront of dozens of witnesses. And this is alarming in comparison to other countries. Now, is it far fetched to believe that these criminals are simply going to lay down their arms and surrender calmly to the police??? Are these criminals, when confronted, going to treat the police any different than the two women who they cut down the day before???

Last night, yet another policeman was gunned down by culprits in Malvern St. Elizabeth. Last year, in the same Malvern, a man, who some claimed was mental, walked into the same station, attacked a police woman, disarmed her and shot her. He was later confronted and shot dead.

The level of police killings maybe high, but that cant be looked at in a vacuum. There are several blatant incidents that maybe classified as murder or excessive force, but I caution us to just use a brush and white wash all killings as being ‘unchecked and unprofessional”.

*******By the way, remember that many a man has been sent to prison by lying police officers, but the vast majority of those imprisoned and who cry foul are there because of lying civilians, just saying***** :nerd

• Brightlight says:

Yes these can be argued from so many angles :nohope

• Filly says:

It’s a damn shame Belly. Who cries for the policemen and women who are killed in the line of duty? Who comes on the tv and demonstrate on their behalf? Are they not Jamaicans? Where is the JFJ? Where is their outrage at this injustice? Are they not humans too? Where is the concern for their human rights? Each and every that another law enforcement person dies and the so called ‘human rights’ persons ignore it my heart hardens against them.

• sett gud says:

If the cop did see dem an kill dem b4 dem kill mi fadda mi did fi get mad??????

I agree with you, Belly Bang. Let’s not forget the “epidemic” of criminality, perpetrated by criminals… When I have to lock up in my house from 5pm, sleep with one eye open, nervous about every little sound in the night, travel in fear going about my legitimate business, It’s not the police that cause me mystery and feelings of insecurity. The fact is, whatever “stories” the police tell after these killings, it is a fact that most, if not all of those people are criminals. I don’t know what percentage of them are innocent… And I refuse to take the word of their enablers who, having benefitted from their ill-gotten gains, take to the streets, demonstrating with dem mouth full a lies against the police. As I keep saying, if it’s between dem and the police, the police will ALWAYS get my support.

• Filly says:

“And I refuse to take the word of their enablers who, having benefitted from their ill-gotten gains, take to the streets, demonstrating with dem mouth full a lies against the police. As I keep saying, if it’s between dem and the police, the police will ALWAYS get my support”

Anonymous I agree with this 100%. Another thing that as a woman grieving my heart is the fact that it is women who are the enablers. It is the women who watch for the police jeep and then call or ping the men to tell then that the police are coming so that they can hide their illegal activities. It is the women who wash the bloody clothes and hide the weapons and swear for them. It’s time for us as women to wake up and wise up.
    But then again why should they when nuff a dem no wah go look no wuk? Nuff a dem a benefit from these activities and that’s what the demonstrating is all about not that the police kill dem man/ bredda /uncle/ cousin but that the police kill dem meal ticket. :bingung

• Belly Bang says:

Commandant of the Island Special Constabulary Force (ISCF) James Golding says the shooting death of a special constable in St. Elizabeth yesterday, is added proof that criminals are not afraid to attack and kill the Police.

Special Constable Troy Foster, who was attached to the Black River police station in St. Elizabeth was reportedly killed in a shootout with gunmen.

Reports reaching the The Gleaner/Power 106 News Centre are that about 6.15 last evening, the constable was part of a team on mobile patrol through Malvern in St. Elizabeth, when they stopped to search a group of men.

The police say on their approach one of the men pulled a firearm and fired at the police team.

The police reportedly returned the fire and one of the alleged gunmen, Tyrone Edmond, otherwise called ‘Chevy’ of a Kingston address, was hit.

The police say a semi-automatic pistol was recovered from the scene.

Edmond was reportedly before the courts for a murder committed in Top Hill, St. Elizabeth in 2010.

Following the incident yesterday, Commandant Golding expressed condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of Special Constable Foster on behalf of the Island Special Constabulary Force.

However, he said despite the tragedy, the force remains resolute in its mission statement to serve, protect and reassure.

This is today:-

Police personnel are now at the scene of a double murder in Spanish Town, St Catherine.

Those killed have been identified as entertainer Bummy Ranks and a man known as Sam of St Johns Road. It is reported that about 3 o’clock explosions were heard.
    The police were summoned and checks later revealed that the two were shot and killed.
    The incident has left the community of 54 St Johns Road tense.

TODAY:-

The body of a woman who was found in a shallow grave at a section of the Mammee Bay Beach near Ocho Rios in St. Ann has been positively identified. She is 32-year-old Shoya Porter of a St. Andrew address. The 32-year-old woman was reported missing a few weeks ago before her body was found on Sunday January 20, 2013.

The St. Ann Police are investigating.

• Belly Bang says:

Special Inspector Andrew Johnson, chairman of the Island Special Constabulary Force Association, expressed alarm at the attack on Constable Foster.

“…And it is too easy for these criminal elements to be hiring guns and shooting at police. I know recently there has been a lot of outcry in relation to police killings, but I guess this underscores what the Commissioner has been saying in relation the heightened police activities and what is happening out there to our police persons.”

• PhantomPhoenix says:

JDF & JCF will ever get my 100. Me will be puzzled as to why inner-city/ghetto women feel the need to go and protest fi man whey abuse dem, neglect them and are absolute meanace to the communities. “bread winna” argument is absolute bullshit! Me know sey ghetto women who are determine mek more dan dem man…pardna a run from slave days and it carry nuff oman pickney go university till dem reach uptown or pon de world stage (PM).

I think eradication need fi come back fi a period of time. It will be economical to the coffin sellers, grave diggers, tailors and parlors. Me is a col whore and me sey god bless Jamaica me nu have certain authority cause all bulldoza me a sen inna places before dawn. I am sick of all this damn killing fi NOOOOOO f000ing reason but fi save face or have yu name known-GTFOH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• f000 DE JAMAICAN POLICE…THEY SHOULD ALL DIE,, the most corrupt organisation in Jamaica. some a uuno chat like uuno know nutten bout dem pussy de. uuno know say man can stay a farin a pay police a Jamaica fi kill people.weh di f000 uuno know. just love chat up uuno f000ing mouth

• Mi agree wid dat but dem ban fi mi comment, not even post it cuz ah dat mi ah seh too, ah wah ah gwaan mi BIG fren Metty?

• sett gud says:

jamaica a fertile land almost anything can grow, an if u no have land chances r yu family have it, to muc freeloading men down there sit dung pon them azzholes and a luk fi hand out, RADA have it. A licky licky an laziness mek alot a dem scumbags ya do f000ery. A dem fi the most part mek the place stay inna a state of chaos, dem no want wuk, dem a wait fi hand out, people a foreign fi mind dem, like yu obligated to dem.
    how the bloodclaat yu fi live a country a go town go buy, tomatoes, sweet peppa, onion, etc. back inna the days gud men like my grandfather 11 kids by one woman and neva hold a goverment job an none a dem no dead fi hungry.
    now a days 11 kids by 11 different women, flossing, hype, murder and mayhem, KILL DEM ALL AND DONE.

rudie mi here mi here :peluk

• sett gud says:

PEOPLE A CONFUSE POLICE ACTIVITIES A JAMAICA WIT POLICE ACTIVITY A FORIEGN, 95% A DI POLICE FORCE A YARD BLACK, MI NEVA FACE RACISM A YARD SO A NO THE SAME EXCUSE, A CUZ MI BLACK. NO, A CUZ A USELESS, WORTHLESS, LAZY, IMMATURE, IRESPONSIBLE AN NO WANN FI GROW DI FUC UPNESS.

I’d like to be called “I’m here to call out stupid comments posted by I’m here to call out stupid comments”… Where do I sign up? DWL… Seriously, what a vile person…SMH…

• FI THE PEEPLE DEM WEH NUH CUM FROM THE GHETTOS OF JAMAICA UNUU FI STOP TALK CUZ THE POLICE FORCE ALWAYS HAVE A KILLING SQUAD AND THE JDF(ParkRangers) HAVE A KILLING SQUAD..MEK MI TELL YUH HOW IT GOES…IF MrLaing cum fi Tom and him buCk Tom friend,him dead….thrown in ah trunk legs hanging out fi the other followers fi see as a warning…sometimes dem parade ah drive round and round…dem nuh left in ah hurry dem drive slow still lookin fi TOM…NUFF LITTLE YOUTH DEAD LIKE DAT EVERYDAY Ah JAMAICA..LAING , ADAMS,TRINITY,HEWITT,WILLO,BENJI MIGHT NOT BE DOING IT NO MORE BUT I AM SURE THERE ARE THOSE WHO INSPIRE TO BE DEM….f000 THE POLICE ANYWEH ANYTIME!!

…And the ghettoes always have killing squads, nuh true? So, the police and JDF killing squads go up against the ghetto killing squads…and the better killing squads tell. I think that sounds fair enough… As for me, my money is always going to be on the police and JDF killing squads… And that works just fine for me! Mi cool wid dat arrangement.

• fashiondoll says:

While the forces (JCF & JDF) have corrupt officers, i know that the majority are good, upstanding officers. I will always say it, only criminals and criminal minded people hate all police officers. I only hope when oonu confederates tun pon oonu, oonu nuh run go a station fi de same policeman fi protection. That is why when war bruk out in the garrisons, the police dont come same time caz dem a mek dawgs (as oonu call oonu self) nyam each other

Jamaican police a murderer sorry dem need fi clean out di force..

• kess says:

Every time the police them kill a man them seh a the man first open fire on them,lie them a rass tell,nuff a di youth them weh them kill innocent.One night i was going home,a police car pulled up beside me and one of the officers asked me where i was going,i said home and that my boyfriend was meeting me halfway.The police man started calling me a whore :/ I was shocked,so i asked him what he had just said,and sure enough he repeated “hey gal yaw whore” the rest of them were in the car laughing.By this time my boyfriend was standing on the other side of the road,when the police saw him they asked if that was my boyfriend and i said yes,they then called him over,and one of draped him up pointed a gun at him and said “hey bwoy a kill mi fi kill yuh right yah suh enuh”. Anyways long story short,is an elderly lady a pass and si wi and stop fi ask a wah and the police them start tell the woman seh we disrespect them.Is the lady stay there and beg fi wi else we woulda dead. I reported it and the officer them mek mi know seh them caa do nuttin bout it………f000 THE POLICE………ALL WHO A TALK BOUT GHETTO PEOPLE THIS AND THAT<<<GUH CHUCK THROUGH UNNU MADDA. I CARE ZERO!! :marah :marah

• fashiondoll says:

Met, memba seh the police are products of the society. Most are from the same ghetto or low income families. So if every where they go, ppl say kill de police bwoy, him a murderer what u expect? Him rather kill than be killed. Jamaica is one of the hardest place to police so i guess the good men and women should jus resign and left JA fi anarchy tek ova

• @ ANNONYMOUS GWAAN BET PON DEM TILL DEM KILL ONE AH YUH FAMILY MEMBA…..IF AH SHOOTOUT AH SHOOTOUT BUT WHAT YUH PEEPLE WITH THE THICK SKULL ARE GROW UPTOWN NUH KNOW IS DAT 90 PERCENT OF THE TIME AH NO SHOOTOUT,AH INNOCENT PEEPLE AH DEAD CUZ DEM CUM FI AH BODY AND DEM AH GO LEAVE WID AH BODY AND ITS ANY BODY, NOT THE BODY WEH DEM REALLY WANT CUZ LOOK ..MI CALL ALL AH THE MURDERERS DAT WERE POLICE BEFORE RIGHT, NOW CHECK DIS, MOST AH THE TIME THE MAN WEH GI THE ORDERS FI KILL(DUDUS) POLICE NEVEA KILL HIM,WHY? TONY WELCH STILL ALIVE….ALL THE BIG MAN DEM WEH DEM KILL AH YARD AH CONSPIRACY KILLING(CLAUDIE MASSOP,JIM BROWN,GENERALSTARSKY , DEM MAN DEH WAS BADMAN , TOP AH TOP, WHERE IS TONY BROWN TODAY AND GEORGE FLASH? CUZ BADMAN PUT DOWN DEM GUN AH DAY TIME WEN POLICE COME A LOOK FI DEM…MI NEVER SEE THE POLICE INNA THE GHETTO AH NIGHT TIME, EARLY MORNING RAID YES AND DAT AH WEN SHOOTOUT GWAAN AND DEM NEVA SHOOT NOBODY DEM TIME CUZ GUNMAN BLAZE SOME SHOT PON DEM THEM KETCH FRAID AND TOOK OFF AND THEN DEM CUM BACK INNA THE DAY TIME WITH REVENGE INNA DEM HEART AND KILL INNOCENT PEEPLE, DIS AH NO STORY, DIS AH HISTORY

• ... says:

Well mi HAAATE police. One nitght my husban a walk go up di rd & true him a locks & neva drive, no i.d. on him that night dem draw dung pon him an nearly kill him off. When wi hear & mi madda go a station wid wi big links weh a family dem frighten an a apologize mi seh I hawk some spit yuh si spit inna one dem face an walk out. IT not fair cause of mi address & family mi do dat but I felt so vindicated cause a far wi family a come from so wi keep it humble so wi nuh look like uptown folks. Ya so fill in the rest fi my views on police a Jamaica. Dem cyaan shoot, dem nuh go through no form of training, no psych evaluation not aptitude test nada. Dem need fi clean out all a dem and start right ova.

• AH GOD MEK ME DEH YAH TIDDAY…TINK AH LITTLE BIT AH TIME DEM HOLD I AND BEAT I AND PEOPLE HAFI SAVE ME FROM DEM, ONE DAY AH WOMAN HAFI SWEAR UP AND DOWN SAY AH NUH ME SHOOT HAFTA DEM, AND AH TRUE SEH SHE KNOW MI BABY MOTHER SHE TELL DEM SAY ME IS THE MOST HONEST MAN INNNA THE AREA,,,MI JUST HOLD DUN MI HEAD AND THE BWOY STOMP ME INNA ME HEAD PON THE CONCRETE AND HIM STILL CARRY MI GO AH CENTRAL, WAS THE BWOY HEWITT RUN DA RAID AH LOOK FI NATTY CHRIS DAT EARLY MORNING , MI LIVE AH WEST KINGSTON AND THE BWOY CARRY ME OUT AH EAST, BUT MI DEH YAH STILL…JAH IS GREAT

• ... says:

Yes Rudie. Indeed. Dem too terrible man. and the sad ting is dat nuff a dem well an know if dem eva out a dat uniform not even ants dem coulda mash. If dem a drape me as woman (mi is a feisty fka in person & mi speak mi mind so dem nuh like dem tings deh, worse yea mi i.d seh uptown but mi nuh look di part dem eva a harass mi when mi deh a yaad)

Rudebwoy, no offence intended, but it seems you were not doing something right… The fact that you were so often targeted by the police, would suggest that you must have fit a certain profile… 😉

Jamaican police stop mi one time I was a little teenager…pull up a try look mi and because mi walk off lef him and di jeep a officers him gwaan like him did waa lock mi up..dem fi gwey

• ... says:

Anonymous yuh know nuh bodda wid dat. bout doing someting right. di police dem nuh business. if yuh a walk a street an dem idle a dem fkry deh dem keep up. MI a woman so me neva did a do someting right den? an mi did a drive a car that was the second to reach di island at the time (jus gi weh misself)

• ... says:

An mi was a hot girl uptown inna dem time deh so dat nuh mean a ting. worse if a new squaddie

• ... says:

Met mi gone pick up mi son from work soon come

ok dotty

• @ anonymous, mi ah go change yuh name soon, we were teens playing ball in the streets, some times the badman dem cum play ball wid we or the little yute wah ah follow dem cum siddung wid we cuz we all grow up together. So its an association by our circumstances and not of choosing. We never choose to be born in the ghetto but we deal wid it, I was ah yute if mi nah play ball mi ah gamble, so from ah young age me only go ah my yard fi my dinner cuz my family nuh see me after me come from school, me do my homework as mi land so dat dem no badda cum call me or send me go ah shop. But the point is, the gunman dem hardly met their death in ah shootout, it was always in a woman bed or somewhere he was setup to be, meaning someone informed. Mek me tell you dis, the robin hoods of the ghetto were never easily apprehended, the police were killing out of revenge so that people would give away the robin hoods, half the time if they came upon Tom and Tom pop off and splurt, they don’t even chase him once they don’t see where he turned cuz they were afraid to go in the pathways. But if yuh cyaan understand weh mi ah say den ah just so, Bob say, who feels it knows it and ah so it go..

• Belly Bang says:

For those who live and hate the police, unno need to spread the word that when the next gunman runs wild, the next rape takes place, the next robbery happens, please dont call the police cause if people follow unno, di whole ah dem bad.

Just call the ‘bad man dem” and mek dem investigate. & all ah unno problems solved.

Mi naw join no clan weh ah disrespect any police cause all of them aint the same. And right now, mi feel better knowing that I see more police on the streets of Kingston. Pity dem nuh have more in the rural areas though

• Belly Bang says:

All who have an experience wit dem ah mek dat as excuse to disrespect and blanket everyone. Apparently unno nuh read the letters that are oftentimes submitted to the papers by citizens thanking individual police officers for their professionalism and dedication. Its a pity that you all dont want to admit that the very police officers who you curse were not born and bred on a special farm, but were selected from your communities,, your neighbours and perhaps your families.

The insensitive dutty behaviour of a few is only representative of the insensitive dutty behaviour of the few in society who try to give the majority a bad name.

Belly do they do anything about rape ..Jah Cure alone was one a di few…they still dont have adequate provisions for rape victims and these victims have to pay for the kit they use to examine them ..Imagine u a go bout ur business and a police stop u just like that and a mek up a fake charge with the hopes of u paying him for nothing..I do not like them because I yet to see a handful of good and worthy police officers…

• ... says:

Everytime I have an interaction wid police it is never decent. Even when a crime has been committed, even when the crime has been commmitted against myself or my family by others. The few little police weh just waan do dem work dem fight dem out, or kill dem off so. I can only base anyting I chat bout off my experiences which have been many. When they come and do anything uptown them pertaining to them job shortly thereafter dem same one come a di gate a “beg a ting” not 1, not 2 but every police interaction. You cannot fault people who have bad experience wid dem fi have that view. DEM NEED FI TRAIN DEM & GIVE DEM PSYCH EVALUATION BEFORE & UPON ENTERING & DURING THEM TIME IN THE FORCE. Majority of dem come from poor area & dem is no betta dan said gunman dem a kill & a get tanx fa

• ... says:

Instead of training & weeding them out them bad behaviour get blessed wid scores of new cyar when 75% of dem cyaan even fkn drive. Di amount of tax money weh waste on dat force is a crying shame. Down to past commandants have said it. THE POLICE FORCE IN JA SUCKS. NO IF ANDS OR BUTS. A routine traffic stop dem haffi be rude and out of order & then waan come tax people? dem fi go suck someting an gweh> I don’t give a rass who waan come cry dutty behavior fact is fact. Are we not Jamaicans? When said police off duty & you same one trying to get home and they stop you for no apparent reason, your docs are straight, no violations, speeding nada but dem a kip up dem almshouse an waan tax ppl? waapen then? The police most have no respect for women. I guess we must have pity on them so they can kill more pregnant women in broad daylight fi cuss a bad word. I guess that pregnant lady had dutty behavior so she deserved to lose her life

• ... says:

Kingston 8 mi born an grow NORBROOK & that is the view me have. My ppl dem well humble, I grow with no frills etc, nobody come from ghetto but dem come from country. I never went to the ghetto but yet if my husband a walk pon Norbrook road fi go check smaddy cause it was practical to walk & the police dem beat him nearly kill him mi fi write an tell dem plz an tanx?

• Belly Bang says:

No Met, mi can tell you, no police who I know that work within CISOCA charge people for any rape kits. Rape kits are free and are used at the hospitals upon examination by the medical doctor. Rape and Carnal Abuse are incamera matters, cases tried outside the hearing of the public. Cases involving sexual offences are before the Courts and many are tried. Its just that they only the outcome of a few are publicised. Not because you dont hear about them, dont mean nothing is being done.

St. Catherine is notorious for having a heavy sexual offences list before the Circuit Court (the High Court). Other parishes have sizeable lists also, but their finality are jeapordised by the age old problem of finding adequate jurors. Then you have some parishes that are notorious in that when the cases are tried, the jurors tend to acquit the accused even in the face of the clear evidence – St. Elizabeth comes to mind.

Then, sexual offences cases are sometimes the victims of extortion of the accused by families of the victims, whereby monies are demanded in return for an assurance that the victim doesnt attend Court. Then you have those cases where the women/girls will admit that they were lying on the man and they just wanted to teach them a lesson – those cases are sometimes noted in the papers. Then you have cases that take so long to go through the system, but they are eventually tried, for instance when the complainant was 7 at the time of the offence and by the time of trial she is 13.

A major problem facing sexual offence cases is the reluctance of the medical doctors to attend to the victim in a timely manner or to produce a proper medical certificate or a certificate any at all. The doctors sometimes take months or longer just to fill out the prescribed form and submit it to the court. And this certificate, though not vital, is important as it may corroborate or contradict the account given by the victim. Many cases are discontinued in the preliminary stages when the prosecution is faced with a serious challenge after looking at the medical – the account given by the victim maybe graphic and the medical may not state any signs of wounds, abrasions or violence.

Despite what persons may think, the easiest cases for someone to be locked up for are sex cases and gun cases. Thats why the police are encouraged to throughly investigate them. And the way things are going now, in recent years, anyone who attends a police station to make a report and feels dissatisfied have several avenues of redress and these are used – from INDECOM to the Public Defender to Anti-Corruption etc etc

• Belly Bang says:

You see because mi know wat is wat, from the good ones to the bad experiences, mi naw use my bad experiences with the few to broad up mi chest & turn disrespectful and class all of them.

• ... says:

Thank goodness fi licensed firearm cause if a neva dat an being able to afford training we have never had to call any police for anything, and the neighbors were quick to call my house FIRST than call police. Constant Spring Police tek 1hour and a half fi come help smaddy weh gun man hold up inna dem drive way. Is not everybody uptown name Issa & Matalon & have ppl wrap roun dem finga.

Metty mi gone. Metters of NYC be safe its nasty out there.

• ... says:

Oh yea an if mi disrespectful to dem & making blanket statements is because of ALL the experiences I have had. Never been good so if I come across as an ignoramous mi still bitta cause mi coulda lose mi husban all sake of idle ppl & judgement cause he was young at the time an him bazzle a walk go up di rd fi go check smaddy I guess him neva fit di profile fi di area but wateva mi real bitta bout it. Nightmares still from 20 yrs aback so try fi undastan weh mi a come from wid dis. Good night fi real now

Belly Im glad u said St Catherine… I know a young girl who was raped and she had to pay for the kit… all now nuh case nuh reach nuh whey..she jus stand up a bus stop and man draw har whey…u si if someone get raped in farrin…dem might nuh seh rape but dem will seh something sexual happen and dem a go launch a full investigation..That girl paid fi di kit..I dont know if u know people whey get different treatment but they pay

Also mi waa know if when someone gets raped, while they are being treated if the good and worthy police is not supposed to be called right there and then in the hospital and process the documents from there…many victims do not want to go over the rape story over and over especially when it jus happen

• Belly Bang says:

Rape kits are not free to any jack man, they maybe in short supply, just like any other materials used by the force, but they are free.

People talk about the slow reaction to police when ah report is made. Please note:-

1. That approaching the end of each month, like now, many service vehicles are parked or are used only sparingly because the money allocated for the payment of gasoline is normally exhausted. So, the vehicles are parked or go on a few runs until the next month’s money is drawn down from the Ministry of Finance at the beginning of the folowing month

2. The police vehicles maybe at the station, but not all police officers are force drivers. there may be 5 cars and 20 police officers, yet no force driver available, so the cars dont move

3. Police officers are instructed not to drive defective service vehicles, but they do so sometimes as they have no choice. In some parishes though they have to depend on the goodwill of some mechanics and businessmen to donate services and parts to keep the vehicles going. So, when you go to the station and make a report and the police say that no car is available and you start arguing because there are 2 parked out front., sometimes those are are death traps.

4. Service cars are the most used vehicles on the roads of Jamaica, as they are used on a rotational shift basis. Therefore, they need proper servicing regularly. The government sometimes doesnt even have the money to buy forms that are used in these police stations.

• Belly Bang says:

Met, mek mi tell you this, The kit that is used isnt something that is bought in a pharmacy. It is a special packet that contains material relevant to the taking of swabs etc and it is supplied to CISOCA or their representatives. Those kits are not for sale, it is a part of the police force’s resources. It is free. If that is the kit, which comes in a sealed form, is what you are talking about, then the police were acting illegally.

i know the kit, I have seen how it is used and handled and trust me, there is no policy for its usage. And mi can tell you, that some of the most burdened officers are those who work at CISOCA as they hve to sometimes foot the bills for food and transportation for their victims (those who dont have it), from the case is being investigated str8 through to trial.

Many of these officers sometimes have to go and find the money to pay for the victims to take the bus or taxi to Court, as the excuse normally given is they have no money to attend. Then, when the victim is at court for the whole day, it is the same police who sometimes have to hustle and provide food/refreshment for the victims, as again, they may not have it.

Belly mi know what the kit is..and Im telling u that the young lady had to pay..mi cyaah run u down and u cyaah run mi down pan what mi si/experience…she paid I dont know for everyone but she pay…she nuh get a call back from a police bout a ting…its like it never happened

On the note about the police cars as di man down a jones town did seh…when dem call police dem nuh have no vehicle but when di batteyman dem call dem there were vehicles there to aid and assist..when u have a shortage of things u economize dont? a so old time people seh and dem cudden read and write..all ina di us police forms short dem a photocopy now like a dickance… what they should do is when an important call come n dem vehicle short…reach to di next closest station n si if dem have vehicle..they have radios but u cannot have victims being further victimized because the government nuh know how fi economize

One more ting agen…u said they may be in short supply……………..how and why? There is not a rape every hour on the hour and even so it is an experience that will cause significant trauma in the victim’s life so how the government fi come up short pan dat?

Belly carry di police whey haffi hustle and find food gi victims and God know mi will gi him a money..if mi even haffi sell mi likkle cheap clothes dem..which police? Mi work pan cases whey di same wicked germs dog dem kill man whey neva ina di area…was not a criminal..even after many people told them the man did not live there…dem swear a di man dem si di day before and the man was not there, the guy came from country and stop fi check him baby mother because he was in town getting goods and dem carry him go ina one lady shop and kill him..those dogs..did any one a dem bring food go give di man pickney dem ?mi wudda love si a good jamaican police

• Belly Bang says:

Met, when someone is raped, the police first priority is treatment and examination. An oral account will be given to the officer and the doctor, as the doctor has a prescribed form that he has to fill out that has the account given by the victim. The hospitals in Jamaica do not have the allocated space for written statements to be taken then and there.

When you are given a statement, the police dont just sit and write as you speak. It has to be taken in a coherent form and certain things must be established in those statements. A statement of a victim, if taken in the correct form, can exceed 5 legal size pages, handwritten back and front. The process is long and the officer has to be sure to get all the details. Many times, when the assault takes place, the victim may say 1 thing and the later on has more to say. Its not that they are lying, its just that when their minds are settled they may have more to tell the police.

When a report is made, the officer will 1st ask for a verbal account. Then the officer may ask for clarification of certain details. Then, the officer starts with the written statement. And, when that statement is written, it may just have o be re-written as mistakes are made by the victim, things may be contradictory again and need to be cleared up – as a matter of fact, some statements in rape cases are written over more than once to ensure that it flows.

1. NAME, ADDRESS ETC ETC
    2. WHO ARE YOU GOING TO BE REFERRING TO IN YOUR ACCOUNT
    3. HOW LONG YOU KNOW THE ACCUISED & HOW YOU COME TO KNOWN THE ACCUSED
    4. WHAT HAPPENED, WHEN WHERE AND HOW

Every single detail must be captured as there must not be any ambiguity in the statement. As I said, the easiest thing for any man to be arrested for is gun and sexual offences as these are normally based on he said/she said. Ahd the account given by the victim must be thorough and must flow properly. And the contents of the statement becomes even more important if there are multiple accused or where the victim nver knew the accused before.

Man cant get convicted on any hurry come up one page victim statement that lacks details. Straight acquittal dat.

• sett gud says:

one day sumbody called po-po pon m,i say mi a abuse mi pickney, po-po cum an mi tell im yes mi claat har cuz she brite fiestty an out-a-order im left all is well. 1 hour lata mi door knock mi open the door, po-po dey a door wit a fppp christmas tree, say im notice say a christmas a mi no hab no tree, no im neva a luk mi, me neva see im again.
    Mi little brotha dem a too muc tyme po-po bring dem to mi and warn mi, an a untill dem do chit outta po-po control, act like p—y, luk like pupppy, so dem get f000 like ppppy.

Belly here in farrin…when someone seh samddy touch dem..and di police as dem where …when..describe attacker it mek di news and they will not stop until they find who it is because rape is that serious…so nuh seh man cant get convicted…these victims are traumatized to the tilt and its natural that they may not remember every single detail because remember each person’s brain deals with trauma different so how can you a talk bout flow and contents of statement ..have u ever seen whey someone get raped the condition they are in? I can cuss america all day long bout dem conspiracy but u get some form of justice here..furdah more there is dna evidence that should be taken at the time of the rape so if the victim even nuh know exactly what and can identify just one thing on a suspect..that suspect should be investigated because it is a rape..dna is readily available ina 2013 so fi dem fine dining details nuh necessary..let the dna speak if the person is unable to go into intricate details because if they fail to remember it is still unfair not to convict the criminal

sett gud u mean farrin police? :ngakak

• Belly Bang says:

Met, you see because I know wat mi know, mi ah talk it as I have know it. In several parishes, where service vehicles are scarce, officers attached to CISOCA have to travel by taxis or use their personal vehicles, without any refund, to go out into areas to investigate cases. Mi ah talk wat mi know. Many of these officers arent allocated much of the scarce resources given to other police units, such as squad etc, so the police officers (who are plain clothes) just have to do wat they have to do sometimes.

On the rape kits Met, they are in short supply. Thats the fact. So most cases go ahead without the benefit of the kit. Then, when samples are taken, how they are stored is another thing. Some samples have to be kept properly and securely refrigerated when they come from the hospital and before they are taken to the forensic lab, in kingston, and that depends on when a service vehicle is available. Fridges specifically for this purpose are not allocated to police stations and as disgusting as it is, samples are taken, packaged and labelled and placed in fridge that is used to store lunches and refreshment for police officers and or prisoners. Sample pon di left and smady lunch pon di right

Ina St Catherine deh mi sure a nuh 20/40 rapist.. Sometimes a just one rapist because they are that sick… do they try to link dna evidence? Yuh eva hear dem come forward a seh rapist at large ina st catherine and dna evidence a point to one or more dan one? dem fi gwey and go do dem work

• Metty fair arguement on how farrin hadles rapes.

yes belly all down a di morgue dem do dat u know dem nuh easy wid dem hospital fridge deh a put dem lunch in deh..ok to do the sort of job where rapes are concerned the person has to have humanity and I am glad some of them use their own vehicles to help victims … if someone is raped and dies what happens then?

• Belly Bang says:

Well, I have seen my share of rape victims at the station level here in Jamaica. And I know that Jamaica’s jurisprudence is taken from the English Law and not the American, thats why cases in the USA are instructional or used as precedent in any Commonwealth jurisdictions. Its simple as that. if you realise for instance, the hearsay rule in the USA is applied differently than in Commonwealth jurisdictions, along with issues such as previous convictions, character etc etc etc.

So, when statements are taken, it has to be taken in accordance with the guidelines laid down in law and in accordance with Court Rules. Thats why we have several oaths that are at the foot of each statement speaking to the truthfulness of the contents.

A mistaken witness is also a convincing witness, especially in rape and gun matters so that is why officers who are specifically trained to investigate these matters are meticulous in their approach.

quena u dus waa seh ray u doe have to get to the p…why u tink all di maid can collect from strauss khan? farrin doe play dat..if a even fi di person pick out a man and dna nuh match at least that person can feel good ina demself seh di law a work…these victims especially those who are raped by men they dont know…may not be able to give detailed accounts that may thoroughly describe the attacker

• Belly Bang says:

How USA handles criminal cases cant be compared to how the countries operating off the English jurisprudence handles theirs.

USA over desso <<<<<<<>>>>>>>

• Belly Bang says:

DNA evidence is used in Jamaica. Many have been convicted and acquitted because of it here. And yes, there are shortcomings due to lack of resources.

But remember, the USA aint without fault in its approach to DNA evidence. Over the past few years, in the USA, several labs have been closed, hundreds of convictions over turned, many cases dismissed, due to the manipulation of DNA evidence by technicians.

Wat mi ah try seh is that each system has its shortcomings, but JA aint that backward. Many men have come before the Court and through their lawyers swear that they didnt touch the woman or the girl and DNA proves otherwise. Its just that those cases arent headline makers cause those cases are incamera.

Belly the us media nuh have nothing fi do wid jurisprudence a doe know what dat word mean but anyhow…the us media functions in the capacity like a family..the local tv stations mek regular links wid di police and they will report from there..how they deal with that part nuh have nothing fi do wid di law..u have flow a jamaica wid dis and dat channel…u nuh think dem have enough resources where media can link police and aid police in helping the victims? dem nuh care..di same nuh care attitude police have..justice is not sought all when di police know fi certain a who do di tings..no justice for victims

Belly which hearsay rule u really a talk? if someone says they were raped and goes through a medical examination and can say the man was yay tall …isn’t that a direct account? so victims a report hearsay now?

Mek someone get raped in england and u si if dem go through the garbage whey jamaica whey claim dem a work offa fi dem system a go through..they do not care thats all

• Belly Bang says:

Hearsay as it relates to criminal cases Met, generally.

I am speaking about the differences in the law generally

• Belly Bang says:

Give the police the resources and then take it from there. In England, a 1st world country that has advanced technology and suitable funding cannot be compared to Jamaica. So to lay all the blame at the feet of the police is unwarranted. In England I am sure that police cars arent parked due to lack of gas, or police are told to go and buy pens and papers or rape kits are few and far between . Police Officers in JA dont manufacture or pay for rape kits, It all depends on the availability of funding.

• Belly Bang says:

You see, there are many areas where the police have come up short, but then again, there are many things, vital to investigations, over which they have no control, such as:-

No rape kits – blame the police???
    1 Forensic lab with limited and underpaid staff who sometimes go for months without the necessary serums used in testing – blame the police??
    Police cars dont have any gas – blame the police???
    Doctors refusing to examine victims or tell the police to schedule and appointment- blame the police???

These and other factors have been highlighted in numerous newspaper articles and in the electronic media over and over.

• sett gud says:

EACH AND EVERY DAY A COP PUT IM GUM INNA IM HOLSTER NOBODY CANT GARANTEE IM SAY, DIS AH NO GO BE IM LAST DAY PON EARTH, SO MI HAFFI ASUMME IM HAVE SUM GUD INNA IM FI WANT DIE FI MY RIGHTS PERIOD POINT BLANK.

Belly mi seh why di police is no good long time…it would be highly irresponsible for me to blame them about rape kits that they are not responsible for…I said they do not do their jobs…and dna is not heresay

• Belly Bang says:

When i say hearsay rule, I am talking about the differences in how legal principles are applied in the USA as against the Commonwealth and not specifically to rape cases – please read over what I said.

back to the topic of rape, it take several hours to properly take down a statement, by hand, just to capture all the components required. The man is a stranger – it was at night – how can you identify him – by appearance or voice – if you saw him and it was at night, how did you manage to see his face – if by light, how far or near was the light – wat type of lite – did he have any distinguishing features – wat were they – how long did you see this man’s face – how long did you hear his voice – etc etc.

Belly what does the law have to do with first or third world country? u seh wi under british law a ja and dem a follow that law so all of a sudden it different based on a country’s economic status? Funding nuh have a ting fi do wid di law…if di law seh walk 5 steps nuh 5 steps fi each…the point is in jamaica dem nuh care…so dem can pretend like dem a go over evidence and use so called british rule fi trick but mi bruck mi nuh like buy so dem cyah sell mi nothing..red a red and it cant be black unless someone’s eyes are closed

• Belly Bang says:

I never said that DNA is hearsay, I was saying that as a legal principle, a general statement, that the USA approach is different from Commonwealth approach, whether yuh like it or not.

Belly I am sure the same legal principles that are need to carry out a rape conviction is almost the same accross the board in civilized countries..there is no community effort in Jamaica..and that nuh have nothing fi do wid di law…a man raping a woman may feel like 60 mins when a jus one so if dat a fi dem law can gwabble up and dem need dat fi convict a person well now mi know y di girl rape ting never solve..a doctor by examining a woman can tell if she has been traumatized sexually because the scars are usually different than when u have regular sex..since they take samples, the questions they ask the victim should enable them to come up with a suspect…dna speaks loudly in convictions

• PhantomPhoenix says:

[email protected] 5:31….f000 ALL CRIMINALS INNA JAMAICA DEM FI DEAD AN LEF A ROAD SIDE TILL DEM TEETH KIN LIKE ROTTEN DOG! How a bout dat? Same speech yu mek can mek inna de reverse anytime, all de time.

MI can run me mouth/finga dem in defense a JDF & JCF all de time. All de chat onu a chat a people pickney dem, uncle/aunts, fathers/mothers, sisters/brothers, husbands/boyfriends, grandfathers/grandmothers and cousins. Frigging cowards sit pon dem bumbo day in, day out and a think how fi kill people with no real reason but hate of a fuking uniform. Mek onu nu tek set pon de FOREIGN POLICE DEM?

Gwan a de redneck state dem go fuk wid them police an se if dem nu tring up onu black backside and pump all M50 up inna onu backside while having a damn barbeque… good or bad yu were born black and that’s all dem we kill yu fah. Thank de creata fi JA police dem kill yu and label yu an yu fren dem righfully….criminals and none progressive elements. Nuff a yu kin de a foreign countries living like law abidding citizens when infact onu wanted a Jamaica fi many crimes…

• PhantomPhoenix says:

Me done chuk through me mumma by blood, wata and whateva else gwan wid har hole pon me birthday. So me feel free fi chat up fi JCF, JDF and any cause me feel fi champion fah. Me is de by product of many people whey dead and leave behind the opportunity fi me fi chuck though one black oman hole as a free human being. We need fi respect we own before we run go embrace whey nu have nothing fi do wid we….

“Jamaica land I LOVE”!

• ... says:

I am not sure why people think my distaste for JA police means I am for the criminals? If There was something in place to ensure proper training of the police force. Govt not distributing the funds to them I definitely get all of that BUT main issue is that they are not properly trained, they need psych evals & unoo can dislike till unoo blue its the reality. & for the fact that I spat on one of them yes I mek sure spit pon di one weh nearly kill of my kids father for no reason or mussi true mi seh him have locks unoo feel seh him a trouble mekka but jus know seh we are both university graduates, we both born & grow uptown go to the top schools in Kingston , & both sides of the family are hard working people Also my husband was 17 years old at the time so tell me if unoo wouldn’t be angry as well.