FOOD MATTERS AND DICK GREGORY , COMEDY & JUSTICE

19 Responses to FOOD MATTERS AND DICK GREGORY , COMEDY & JUSTICE

• adwa says:

technology is both a blessing and curse. many modern technological advancements have made it possible for us humans to do things with greater efficiency, access, and ease than ever before. however, our bodies have been placed under severe physical and emotional stress because of these modern technological advancements.

for example, technology makes it possible to genetically modify grapes, soy, corn, etc. to grow an abundant amount of the crop in a relatively short space of time. the disadvantage however is that the human body was not designed to withstand such chemical and hormonal modifications to its dietary intake.

it may sound weird, but perhaps we as humans have placed to much confidence in technology and have abused it far more than we should have. especially when we have allowed technology to be primarily responsible for feeding us, as opposed to in the past when this activity was manually and physically done.

• adwa says:

thanks for the post met, di bredda makes great sense. living in the states, it is absolutely a case of value inversion. people would rather spend their disposable income on foolishness rather than take that money to eat healthfully and preserve their bodies. the irony is that when they become ill due to their dietary choices, they will spend an even greater amount of money for the remedy and suffer a host of physical ailments in the process. mi granny always seh “prevention better than cure.”

adwa u a watch the second video? :peluk

• ... says:

Him funny don’t Met? but a real ting him a talk

yes dotty…very funny…mi a go try di vegetarian raw food thing

• ... says:

you haffi careful lol you haffi ease into it cause yuh body will go into a shock kinda. Mek sure you talk to your doc first. (speaking from experience lol)

ok dotty but from whey day mi a cook meat and dont have a taste for it mi feel like mi a force it…this week mi a cook fish fi miself so I will tek time go into it

• ... says:

YEa just take your time, what I did before I became Vegan, I started looking at alot of veggie recipes online, try them out & then yuh dunknow yuh haffi put a yaad spin on dem cause foreign food generally nuh have flavour. Cook an taste. Just experiment I will email you some stuff fi yuhself

that would be good dotty

Dotty u know I have tried the vegetarian thing n can I tell u after a week I suffer a horrible non stop headache I mean couldn’t function nothing mi could do, a friend tell me my body was going through withdrawal from the lack of meat. And after I ate chicken the headache went away.

• ... says:

Tawk cause yuh jus dive inna it, you cyaan do it so.. This coming from a onetime meat eater & anti veganism. You have to take your time. Wean yourself & find the substitutes. Start with soups, substitute meat proteins with like beans or chunks (I don’t too eat them all that much cause mi suspicious bout dem but thats my issue lol). So like research what you doing first & always check with a dr. first so that they can guide you the healthy way. But never you change your diet braps jus so it will have adverse effects. What I will say is after making the choice & following through I am hardly sick. I couldn’t tell when lass mi belly hurt mi cause of something I ate, my skin pretty & flawless & I have no weight issue (u haffi excercise too)

• fashiondoll says:

Dotty me appreciate de advice caz thats my only resolution fi 2013. Me trying more raw and vegetarian food because like Met i find my body turning away from the meat.

yes fashiondoll..mi waa try juicing then di raw diet fi a while

• ... says:

Trus mi fashion doll just take your time & do some research. Its kinda fun cause you get to experiment with food. I don’t eat rice like that either (rice & peas is the only exception) I eat kasha & quinoa taste good when mi season it up right.

Met you get mi email? mek mi know if you need nutten else

• fashiondoll says:

Met, if possible pls send on de recipes because i have been trying a few but need variety. Thanks

• fashiondoll says:

The magic bullet juicer is a good buy if u dont have a good one alredy.

• ... says:

Oh yea & if you trying tofu, make sure you try season it the night before or a couple hours ahead so it season proper & fry or broil it first till the outside brown so it kinda firm (you also have soft, firm, extra firm & super firm textures depending on what type of texture you like) Again just experiment & have fun with it & be patient

Thank you Dotty will slowly go into it really believe we are what we eat n the health benefits from eating vegan can be great. Thanks again

• adwa says:

no metty, mi nuh get fi watch di 2nd one yet. mi seh weekend mi will get to it. i have heard dick gregory speak on a multitude of topics and the man is so informed and knowledgeable. i really have to have a quiet moment to absorb him and really take in everything. i really appreciate what ur doing with these food posts, trust me you have opened so many peoples’ eyes to an extremely critical issue. i have to give thanx bcauz in other areas, it doesn’t get the type of attention it should, but the food we eat is literally a matter of life or death. check di levels