PRAY FOR OUR CHILDREN

64963_10151162454000518_1289600441_n-OptimizedThe naked, scorched remains of a girl found in Gerritsen Beach, Brooklyn, over the weekend were identified Tuesday as a 14-year-old runaway from Flatlands.

Cops said Shaniesha Forbes vanished after leaving her Avenue I home at 8 a.m. Friday, saying she was going to school.

The body of the Academy for Young Writers freshman was found lying faceup along the shoreline near the south end of Gerritsen Ave. at 7:15 a.m. on Sunday.

The body was next to an extinguished bonfire and some beer, police sources said. Her legs, arms and hands were burned, but investigators said they don’t believe the fire killed her because there was no smoke in her lungs.

The cause of Shanah Forbes’ death is still a mystery.

An exact cause of the Brooklyn teen’s death had not been released by Tuesday evening. “I want someone to please speak up,” said Shaniesha’s sister, Shanah Forbes, breaking into sobs. “She didn’t deserve this.”

Shaniesha had run away from home at least once before her disappearance, sources said.

“She didn’t have a chance to become a woman,” said the girl’s cousin, Kerriann Thomas. “She didn’t have a chance to live her life.”

body9n-2-web-Optimized

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/teen-hell-cops-id-burned-body-found-gerritsen-beach-article-1.1236198#ixzz2HU2NywDP

11 Responses to PRAY FOR OUR CHILDREN

• LUNDUN says:

the news story made a blunder, should have said ‘The cause of Shaniesha Forbes’ death is still a mystery’, instead they said shanah forbes who is her very alive sister.

sad bad, but she run away b4, so i will sit diss one out and wait for more background info

This is sad & becoming all too familiar. It raises a few questions in my mind like y was she running away from home? Was something wrong in the home or did she just want to have her own way? How hard did the family try to reign her in or help her? Just sad.

• Original Goodas says:

Sad sad sad, but why the hell she keep running away. I sit and talk and plead with my kids everyday, talk to me, text me, write me a letter. my daughter can tell me anything. my friends say she act too grown but I don’t want her to feel she cant tell me what ever it is.

RIP peace baby girl

• Belly Bang says:

Man OR Fren OR Home Problems

Sad sad sad situation.

• good girl gone bad says:

RIP to this young lady. I know first hand how it is to have a runaway in the family. Its a very worrisome life. May the Lord be with her family in this time…

• Jules says:

As bad as this is, and it bad, I can see di silver lining on dis dark cloud. She is gone, but she is finally at peace. She doesn’t have to run anymore, she doesn’t have to fear or live in unsureity no more. Not everybody can handle life, it can be a tough journey for the sanest among us. So she back in her creator’s arms where she will be in unconditional love.

I do want the killer to be found and justice for this teen and who knows how many other innocents that person has killed. Young girls have to be careful who dem assoicating wid, not everybody who a skin teet and tell you how u nice and pretty hab good intentions.

• MURASAKI says:

hopefully they can lift some dna and fingerprints from off the beer cans or bottles…

• Jules says:
  • ace says:

Rest in peace little girl. Sad that whatever problems you were having was too much for you to bear and that your parent could not assist you in your time trouble. I wish as black men we need to sit and spend more time with our children and talk to them because life is harder for them now. Especially, now with so much material things and children tring to impress each they will do things (NOT SAYING THIS IS WHY SHE RAN AWAY BUT TALKING AND SPENDING TIME T FIND OUT INTEREST OF OUR CHILDREN IS A START) just foolish thaughts from a gaza fan to MET and har internet warriors of wrds.

• what is this mon? says:

MY HEART GOES OUT TO THIS FAMILY. HOPE THEY FIND HER KILLER.

my god i hope they find this down grade culprit and bring him to justice, my heart goes out to the parent of the decease child i hope one day you’ll find peace god bless…..