NO WORDS

Crystal Harrison, Staff Reporter

It is serious and this is no joke says the leading female dancehall artiste Lady Saw, who confirmed with THE STAR yesterday that she is going through a spiritual process and contemplating baptism.

On Monday, Saw, who has also been dubbed the Queen of the dancehall, tweeted, “been thinking of getting baptise from about six months now but then some people draw me out and I end up cussing them out, well not anymore.”

She also said her track Heels On, the raw version, will be her last song in the dancehall as she will be doing gospel.

Saw, who did not speak in detail about her seemingly next big move, said that there is a reason why she has not been doing any dancehall tracks since February, despite the appeals from several producers.

“To all record producers, the reason why I didn’t record your songs from nine months ago until now is cuz of what I’ve been experiencing, u get it,” Saw also tweeted.

Saw said that her haters will be tempted to believe that she is turning to gospel because she is broke and is going through some personal problems, however, she said that view is far from the truth.

Recently, Saw took to social media to vent her frustrations about reports of infidelity in her 17-year-old relationship.

“God is preparing me and showing me some things and it’s gonna be something big. I am not being pushed or I won’t be pushed by anyone, but, I have been having some experiences from I was in Florida and twice since coming back to Jamaica, and I am just asking God to lead me,” Saw said.

In one of her tweets, Saw also said that she still has some raunchy dancehall engagements, however, she said that she will be honouring those performances because of business.

“I have some shows to do that I already got paid for so after that am out. Sometimes I am talking to God and I just find myself humming and coming up with melodies, so I am struggling with both sides because nobody is perfect. I have been talking to a lot of Christians, and I have been contemplating baptism, but I did that when I was younger because of my father, so maybe since this time it will be a renewal baptism,” Saw explained.

38 Responses to NO WORDS

• Regula says:

The Prodigal’s Son is always welcomed. Good Luck to you Marion. The fact that you were once a born again christian says that you believe in God from long time so I wont be speculating on your decision to return to the fold. But you should also know that the Devil will still try to tempt you, especially since he knows your weaknesses so well. May the Lord give you strength.

Wow! I believe in the Son, the Father, and the holy spirit, and pray that he ceases all your hurt and lets you move past everything with clarity and conscience. Bless.

Shi need God & Jesus more dan how shi need di man weh inna har life, so baptising & going di Christian way wouldn’t be bad for her IF I felt her heart was really into it. Right now mi jus feel to say har matey issues, plus di likkle legal problem weh shi have a drive har right now & wen dem ova den wat? Shi aguh tek to twitter/FB fi trace gyal weh tek har man or guh fight dem off? Kmft Too many of us want God/Jesus fi be all wi want wen wi want.

• MiNuhCareEnuh says:

God is good. I wish her all the best on her spiritual journey. But keep in mind (Lady Saw) that this is NOT a physical warfare, but a spiritual one so keep your head up and let God order your steps. :angel

cindy :maho

• Oh Dear says:

I don’t know her motives but i wish her all the best in her journey, Sometimes the Lord takes us into deep waters not to drown us but to cleanse us, so when she was having her relationship and legal issues, she may have just had a long look at the life she was living and realised that she was not living any life at all, when all is said and done, after all materialism , frens and family gone or do us wrong, the only thing no one can take away is our faith / relationship with God and Education……. God Bless Marion on your spiritual Journey!

• Ayeeeeeeee loca :maho
    When losing ones mind one always believe at that instance God is speaking to them…….how did you miss his voice prior to insanity!

• Espute says:

Every time man fail dem dem run go baptise..

veeetleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :tkp

• LUNDUN says:

good luck to you lady saw

i wish u the best because i feel this is the best decision anyone of us that believes in god can make.

that said, u have to get rid of certain things around you that will cause u to sin…….like john john

Im wondering why she is so starved for attention..I dont get it

lundun u know u need a lashing :tkp

• Anna says:

Wow this is worst than I thought, I truly believe God have a place for all of us and when he’s ready for us he will come for us to do his work but Saw comes across desperate and searching for something to fill that void that is missing from har life, is de bun have she going mad and it is simple as dat, when people is at their lowest of low even de murderers call out to God and in Saw case it is no difference, she’s loosing her mind and reaching out to God, I can safely say in my opinion saw is at a stage 3 and she needs God we all do but she needs some counceling and seriolus therapy, me never thought me would see the day that My dj Saw would officially be going mad for the world to see, this is so sad, that’s why me love me self first and no man not taking me for no fool and mek me turn jekyll and hyde inna de public, I await next week when she brings another announcement this is historieeeeee no sah

• MiNuhCareEnuh says:

Ah onggle hope she serious enuh CAWS GOD AH NUH SOMEBADDY FE RAMP WID. So she betta be sincere. Mi like har music still, BUT I am wondering if it’s because of the “lashing of truth” she got from the social media, why she is seeking refuge under the Christianity umbrella? God forgive me to be judgemental, but Lady Saw seems like she would do pretty much n e thing to stay relevant (in de limelight).

• WadDat says:

If Saw tun christian–she dead fi bloodklaaw hungry -chat she a chat

• A YA SO NICE says:

GOOD MORN! IM HAPPY FOR SAW, SHE IS TAKING A RIGHT TURN SOMETIMES WE R GOING THROUGH THINGS IT GOOD TO LET IT OUT, SO LET US GIVE HER A CHANCE. SAW HAS DONE A COUPLE OF GOSPLE SONGS THEM SOUND VERY GOOD, AS FOR ME I LOVE MY PARTY BUT NOT LIKE BEFORE NO ENJOYMENT IS NOT AT MOST OF PARTIES, SO I STARTED TO GO TO CHURCH AND IT IS A BIG DIFFERENCE IN MY LIFE. SO PEOPLE LET US NOT BASH HER AND KEEP BRINGING UP HER PAST WHEN YOU HAVE GOD YOU HAVE EVERYTHING. WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW WE NEED JESUS LIKE SAW SAID I DONT NEED MY BENZ I DONT NEED MY HOUSE I DONT NEED MY MONEY ALL I NEED IS JESUS.

• LUNDUN says:

met, god a chat 2 saw from wappy kill phillip, but nay want listen cuz buddy sweet har.

now di buddy a sweet everybody else an she si seh ‘der is nothing she can do about it ‘:kr

so all of a sudden she a hear god voice now, but saw, u still naaw listen 2 god cuz him been a tell u fi leggo di eggo and u still naah hear

• No Joke says:

SHE BETTER KNOW SEH GOD IS NOT TO BE PLAYED WITH

• Lipstick says:

yu know mi just see this, mnl caz this serious, i hope she get save an pack john john plastic bag dem an dash dem inna di garbage truck pon trash day, lady saw get save an do gospel reggae yu have di voice fi it

• Lipstick says:

Espute a better dem baptize than turn lesbian like Diana King and Tanya Stephens :D

• rain says:

She dont need God more than anybodyelse, so good for u Lady

Sometimes if we have nothing good to say. It’s best to say nothing at all. Death and life is in the power of the tongue…..what we sow we reap sometimes much later than we sow and more than we sow……(just saying) All the best to you Marion….God knows your heart!!!!

• OBSERVER says:

Tricia nuh hav no mor worries now ooooo cazzen christians are very acceptin of wat is rong as long as yuh apologize

Observer :hammer

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

• OBSERVER says:

“I’m gonna lay down my burden down by the river side, down by the river side, down by the river side, I’m gonna lay down my burden down by the river side I’m gonna study war no more I ain’t gonna study war no more, I ain’t gonna study war no moreeeeeeeee” :kr

• LadyWoW says:

dis sound like a Saw a try hide. it just look like all wha gwan get her really depressed, and only God can help heal a broken heart.

BUT NEVA GIVE UP WAT U LOVE FOR NO ONE. SAW NEED FI OUT DEH A MEK MORE MUSIC, BOOK MORE SHOWS, MAKE MORE MONEY AND SHOW DEM AND DI WURL HOW RESILLIANT U ARE.

• OBSERVER says:
  • OBSERVER says:

Oh yes sing it outttttttttt :kr http://youtu.be/t-lxo2LgL90

• OBSERVER says:

“I give myself away so you can use me” oooooo yes church sing it with me ayeeeeeeeeeeeee http://youtu.be/O7ofQmeao9I

• Riches says:

:hammer at Observer, i cyah manage, on a serious level though wen all else fails, God is always there, Saw need to remember though that u cyah talk bout just running to do Gospel music, anuh suh it guh. She should have gone to counselling, do some self assessment and take it from there. Notice how anytime dem ppl yah a guh chue supn an it nuh werk den always draw fi di “mi a turn christian card” memba Ninja Man and all Vegas did a stint kmt yah cuz :travel :hammer

• LOL says:

at a glance she look like Portia… Saw need fi act her age. She need fi go do some charity work & humble herself & see other people have WORSE issues than her. Be the role model & start put her idle hands to use. ..An tap mek har dog dem bite up ppl

• Anna says:

unno taking this dislike button to far now, some ah unno dunce like bat I’m convinced. what doh need fe dislike unno disliking, me can’t bother, now saw tek de lesbian oman man john john 17yrs ago, she get numerous bun through dem time dey, she don’t have a baby of har own, she’s getting older in age and matie come mek baby for har man recently that clearly mash har head up bad, she deny it till she turn white inna de face, she cuss everybaddy on twitter and facebook for months, baby born and is john john own, she cuss de oman saying she get a 1 fuck off har man, next day she say she got married, next day she say it is not true, now she say she’s going to baptise and sing gospel, ok then :travel

Anna :hammer :ngakak

• A sister P PICHA dis not Marion

• At this point seeing is believing, mi woulda haffi see di transition fi a whole year to believe it. Saw its been a rough road, but nuh ramp wid God, if yuh ready go silently and let your presence show it!
    Lundun yuh right she haffi leggo off a di root of the problem, sister Marion the church would prefer ur spouse is also a man of the cloth.,whoooiiieee.THE Saga continues!

• DivaNista says:

See this happen 1st hand with my own madda. Mek man and mate a mad dem and who get the stress feh deal with dem madness… We deh family. I really hope she serious before it too late

• HIGHLY CONCERNED says:

Nah bash har, cause only God knows whats in her heart. Sometimes, a di worse of the worse affi tek we before we memba say GOD is in charge of all things….Who am i to judge?? Im a sinner juss like she, so Marion press on, if thats the plan God have fi u, Hold firm and read wha LIPPY say in di process, “dash out john-john tings dem ina garbage truk along di way”. ..God work miracles everyday Marion, and if u ask him will set u free…I wish u sucess ladysaw, JAH KNO!!!