MALVO CALLS OUT MOLESTATION

Sidekick Lee Boyd Malvo says DC sniper John Allen Muhammad molested him
Malvo, 27, previously denied having a relationship with Muhammad. Malvo is serving a life sentence in Virginia for the 2002 rampage that shook the nation’s capital.

Comments (29)
BY PHILIP CAULFIELD AND ERIK ORTIZ / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

PUBLISHED: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2012, 12:03 AM
UPDATED: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2012, 10:57 AM

Former U.S. soldier and Gulf War veteran John Allen Muhammad (r.) and John Lee Malvo, then age 17, were found guilty of the Washington, D.C. area sniper slayings in 2002.
Lee Boyd Malvo, the D.C. sniper sidekick who helped kill 10 people in a bloodthirsty rampage around the nation’s capital in 2002, says he was sexually abused by shooting mastermind John Allen Muhammad.

In an interview that aired Thursday on NBC’s “Today” show, Malvo alleged publicly for the first time that he was molested.

“For the entire period when I was almost 15 until I got arrested, I was sexually abused by John Muhammad,” Malvo, who was 17 at the time of the shootings, confessed to “Today” show host Matt Lauer.

Malvo, now 27, is serving a life sentence in a Virginia prison without the possibility of parole.

MIKE MORONES/THE FREE LANCE-STAR VIA AP

Convicted sniper Lee Boyd Malvo is serving life in prison without possibility of parole.

“You have denied this in the past, that there was a sexual relationship between the two of you,” Lauer said to Malvo. “Why did you deny it up until now, and why are you divulging it now?”

“I felt a sense of shame, and I just said, ‘That’s just something that I’d never tell anyone,’” Malvo responded. “And to a certain extent, up until that point, I really couldn’t handle it. The main reason I’m coming forward now is because I am more mature.”

He added that he was forced to face his demons while locked up in solitary confinement.

Malvo, who was born in Jamaica, first met Muhammad around 1999 in Antigua, where the teen’s mother had moved the family.

Muhammad took Malvo under his wing, and the pair began a life of crime in the United States.

The duo began the deadly spree in the Washington area on Oct. 2, 2002, randomly gunning down their victims for about three weeks before police finally nabbed them. They murdered 10 and wounded at least six others.

While Malvo was spared the death sentence in December 2003, Muhammad was executed by lethal injection in November 2009 at age 48.

RELATED: ‘I WAS A MONSTER,’ D.C. SNIPER SAYS

In an interview last month with The Washington Post, Malvo called himself a “monster” and said Muhammad “brainwashed” him.

Lauer asked Malvo whether there are other victims who were never identified. The convicted sniper admitted there are and that he previously told authorities about those cases.

When asked what he might have to say to the victims’ families, he offered advice that he’s given to himself.

“Please do not allow my actions and the actions of Muhammad to hold you hostage and continue to victimize you for the rest of your life,” he said, adding, “Do not give me or him that much power.”

The family of one victim said they have come to understand that Malvo was under Muhammad’s control, though coming to grips with it didn’t erase their grief.

“We recognize that he was tremendously under the control of John Muhammad and he was, probably a good word would be brainwashed,” Bob Meyers, whose brother, Dean, was gunned down at a gas station in Virginia, told NBC News. “And since that time he’s gotten some mentoring and some help and has had some years to recognize what he did.”

“Our understating is that, he, given the chance, he would not have chosen to take the same course again,” Meyers said. “But he can’t alter that.”

[email protected]

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/malvo-tells-today-show-sniper-molested-article-1.1191712#ixzz2APUwwt00

32 Responses to MALVO CALLS OUT MOLESTATION

• SHAWNA says:

WHY SHOULD WE CARE??????????????U ARE A COLD BLOODED MURDERER,JUS DIE AREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :travel

Hmmmm. A jus doe know rasta. I wasn’t there, so I can’t say if it’s so or not, but I don’t know if I can fully take his word on this now that the man’s dead & can’t confirm/deny. I’ve always wondered about their relationship, but still, him wait til now fi seh it. A jus don’t know if what he’s doing now is a stunt fi try get parol in the future – he did say he doesn’t think he belongs in prison for the rest of his life – but he killed 6 of the 10 ppl.

A just don’t know….

cindy how di weather??

• MURASAKI says:

I remember when his mum came on profile with ian Boyne and he asked her why she would leave her child with a stranger. I think it says something of the Jamaican culture, more time we just leave our kids with other people fi try work the system or guh work, not knowing of the monsters that are lurking, Mi caaan sh nuttin but just that a nuff Jamaican kids getting molested by people their parents leave them with..,

As it relates to Malvo, he was old enough then to have known right from wrong….

• kia NUNYABIZNIZ bubblez says:

mi always felt molestation dida gwaan wid di 2 a dem dat still nuh justify him killing ppl

Weather getting hot again Met. Can’t believe just 2 days ago I was dressed in warm clothing & bobby socks & wrapped up in comforter, only to be bothered by heat now. How things with u?

its getting nice and chilly the way I like it :) cindy di summer was hot my lightbill was no joke :(

• Bubbles says:

molestation or not John Mohammed was the person who turn him into a monster. @Muraski i often wonder y his mother didnt look for him all them years she said john took him and she search and couldnt find him, i dont believe she wanted to find him something wasnt right with that story. overall i still sympathize with Malvo, he needs help

• Malvo….What a shame what a waste knowing that he could of been something different had his Mother stand her responsibilities. I believe the molestation took place but brainwashing and being use to depending on your abuser is a hard thing to be up against especially as a teen. NO PAROLE on his sentence so even if he is rehabilitated and given the counseling he needs, he will never be freed……I think thats awful being that he was a young man taking orders from an Adult that he no doubt felt he couldn’t get away from.

The summer was murder Met, especially for me in July to August cuz I was at ppl’s mercy. I deal with the cold weather better.

• OH Dear says:

There seems to be increased media coverage on this guy since of late, are they planning an appeal or what?

@ OH DEar, the increased coverage i think is because of the recent murder of a preg woman and the killer said ( apparently) release malvo or else…

• Dem seh if yuh fut noh inna di shoe yuh caan feel di bun
    sometimes some pple inna situations an is until yuh hear di full story yuh know
    mi nah judge him cause at 17 one might think that yuh have nuff sense but wen yuh look back and si the crazy stuff yuh did den yuh realize how yuh did fool fool, it is just not as exaggerated as this, mi hope him fine piece inna him self cause yuh conscience noh tek vacations

• PhantomPhoenix says:

Me believe him all de way. Him mumma should a share some a him prison time. It was obvious that there was something strange about the power that the yankee had over the man-child. Me condem him actions fi not turning the weapon pon de man or hauling ass.

The oman whey gi birth to this child is a wicked….(wrds too good). Malvo could have had a life inna him birth country all if him fi be begga…him would a still be free an nu lockup inna cage 24/7. A greencard or citizenship is not worth this outcome. Nuff com pon JMG and de bout whey a fugitive inna ‘merica. Yes, fugitive cause you are in violation of the US immigration laws.
    Betta dis oman did ‘trech har cunt and tek care a har pickney than lef him gi man fi abuse and train into a senseless killa…reason mek me gi whores props…sluts nu get nu ratings.

Question: Is it really worth it?
    Onu have to a live pon de edge of society and at times have to go into the deep recess of society just to feed, cloth and shelter onu self, and go through slavery and depravity just fi someone give you residence or greencard. Is is worth it?

I’m certain Malvo will tell you “nu whey nu betta dan yaad”.

• OBSERVER says:

To think that I watch these many Lifetime movies of cold blooded killings and these people are up for parole numerous amount of time. Taken they were all adults committing crimes of passion and pre-meditated murders and they are not the least punished as such makes me wonder……

Malvo I wish you peace anywhere you sit.

• Regula says:

Bwoy Phanthom, yuh hit a nerve, but I agree with some of what you say while disagreeing with some. No matter where in the world you are born, ppl will always have aspirations and dreams and sometimes when that dream dont come to you, you got to go to it. You’re right sometimes the sacrifices we make in order to achieve our dreams are not always worth it, but often times, they are. We can always say he would have turned out better at home with his mom, but how many serial killers with a mom are in Jamaica? let me tell you, plenty. Personally, I dont blame his mom, at what age do we set personal responsibility? There are plenty Malvo’s a yard killing ppl a night and looking all innocent next morning. Yes, there is often times an older man behind him, using him to do his bidding. Maybe he’s afraid to say no but if he gets caught he will have to face the consequences on his own, while mr don name wont even get called. If your old enough to kill, your’re old enough to die in my book.

• PhantomPhoenix says:

Observa, me wish him de same. Poor child never had a chance fi mek him own life choices.
    1. Going to the u.s. was his mother’s choice
    2. Having to stay wid de demon was his mother’s choice
    3. how him eat and sleep was de demon’s choice
    4. establishing racist views were the demon’s choice
    5. minor child learning to be a marksman was the demon’s choice

Him will always have likkle compassion from me and me wish him mumma a death wuss dan a heat hotta dan a 100 sun…

• PhantomPhoenix says:

Regula, me hit ‘like’ because you are correct. But in Malvos case his mother abandon har child and chances are she knew the personality of the man she left him with. I’ve met quite a few yankees like that man and they are plain as day in their ideologies.

Again, me agree wid you…JA FULL a serial killers, aka…badman/donman and females as well. But from that woman gave statements it was heart wrenching to know her negligence caused the man-child fi end up pon dis road.

• MURASAKI says:

Regula I believe as welll that at age 17 regardless of the influence of this man, he should have known that killing people was wrong. This is just the basic laws of morality. Unless he is a dunce stupid arse what he thought was going to happen, that he killed a bunch of people and they let him walk free. At some point during the whole process he must have thought that he was gonna get caught and he had a choice. He chose to KILL. As for me, kill mi first before I kill someone else…I just couldnt live with myself, esp killing innocent ppl who neva did you anything…as opposed to self defence. why not turn the gun on your molester? I remember the mom say on \profile years ago dat she should have kept her son closer but even Ian Boyne was saying how yuh fi hand over your son to this man. And he asked her if she and the man had any relations and she said NO…

• PhantomPhoenix says:

Muraski & Regula…noboda get me wrong…me advocate death fi death. But, me school enough fi know sey a nu all capital murder cases are straight forward fi death warrant get serve.

If dat thing could jus give up har son so dan what else she do to him? Is not all human beings operate on them age level. Again, what was Malvo’s early developing years like? Was the mother a molester as well? Was he being molested by others as a child? What made him accept the demon man sexual molestation so easily? DID THIS THING SELL HAR SON TO DE MAN?
    Victims of molestation only reveals what they have come to terms with along with the void of danger to themselves. So Malvo may tell more in the future. Psychology is very interesting and holds many answers, and a it me a use fi defend this boy. These were also factored in and not publicized that cause him fi outlive dat demon.

• PhantomPhoenix says:

Muraski. yu love de red button? lololol. Me play fair me nah touch a button but de one fi regula. Me nah eva sey me nah go kill…because my life is as precious as anyone elses. Therefore, me nah go mek nobody tek mines.

So, how committed are you on the “kill mi first before me I kill someone else”, cause that is also a method use to conditon people like Malvo. “Kill or be Killed”…

• Regula says:

Ofcourse the mom could have done things differently, she’ll have to live with that, she has lost her son. The only reason Malvo is able to even be speking out right now, is because he made a plea in the begining, if he hadn’t copped out, he’d a been giving the death penalty, by the state, who is more qualified to decide his level of responsibility in the killings. So lest we forget, he was not shown leniency because he was less culpable but because it was the bargaining chip his defence requested in exchange for his co-operation and that was all done in the name of expediency and not because of any empathy for Malvo!

• PhantomPhoenix says:

Plea bargining is one and psychological reports were also factored in. The case wasn’t short of evidence so a plea bargin wasn’t all that necessary. The fact that this black man (American with islamic leanings) had this teenage boy (a Jamaican) with him and the type of crime was out of the norm for profilers. Anyhow, the level of responsibily was just in my opinion; base on the background of said accomplice.

• @PP he was molested before Mohamed. Taken from the article above…………”Malvo told Lauer he had been sexually abused before then, first by a baby sitter when he was around 5 and then by some relatives when he was 8 or 9.”

• PhantomPhoenix says:

EYN…I saw that. But I had to include it in my discussion (repetition). We come from a society whey like fi glide ova child molestation as a ‘hush neva mine’ especially when it come to boys. Sexual molestation/rape are powerful an can fuk de mind up bad. Malvo nu far fi stockholm syndrome…except there’s another term

• Regula says:

yes I deliberately ignored his claim of molestation, not because I believe its not a serious issue, but because I have my reservations about wether it is entirely true or not. I can accept that the older guy may very well have been the type to do something like that, he was a psychopath, but Malvo denied it to begin with, I have always had a problem with ppl who say A and then B, admitting they lied and they expect me to believe they telling the truth second time round, the only way to find if someone is a liar, is when they tell a lie, so having told that lie, you expect me to hold u honest, nigga GFOH.

• Regula says:

And another thing, the fact that Malvo has spent time locked up with the best of them, is not lost on me. He has the best criminal brains behind bars, telling exactly how to play the system, an being the ‘impressionable’ boy that he is, I bet he’s doing everything they tell em to. hm

• judgement yard says:

Malvo did love the fuck that’s why him neva talk……..him an Mohammed a 2 demonic monters mi nuhh beleive him story him a liadd at age 17 u know right from wrong and if you dehh roun smaddy weh suh wicked like Mohammed an u anuhh wicked u wudda want fi run as far as u can from him …..mi sorry fi d people dem wehh get kill family dem malvo fi dead an guhh a Hell juss like Mohammed.

• Regula says:

I guess when some of these kids that have been left orphaned fucks up, we gonna say is because they never had their mom. oh, but she’s dead. that’s because Malvo killed her, no, it was HIS MOM.

• MURASAKI says:

we are not talking about one or two people but 6. He was a bad seed if he can kill 6 people who were either running away or pleading for their life. Since this is a mental process no one can ever know if he has truly been rehabilitated and I wouldn’t want to take the chance to see if he would kill again. A 17 year old knows right from wrong.

• Regula says:

GM Met, @PP we are arguing opposing arguments, so I dont mind u press dislike on my comments, I dont take offence to ppl disagreeing with my views. I like to argue serious topics and I can see u do too, you make a good case but Im still holding my corner. Have a blessed day.

• PhantomPhoenix says:

Regula…me neva press dislike pon yu. The first like was me…I clearly stated that you were correct in your first reply to me. Hence, we were able to continue communicating on the subject. Me nu play unfair games, me we tell you plain as day when me highly disagree wid you; notice I haven’t said so at all, I only submitted more information to build on what we were discussing.

Any way, I read about your childhood nightmare and therefore I have to respect the side that you’ve taken. Truss me…me pretty upfront and I believe in fairness on all levels. I only offend those who offend me directly or indirectly (at times me all laugh it off) you have not offended me in anyway. Discussions aren’t of interest to me if no challenge nu de bout *wink*.